• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament-Wake vs Syracuse

Someone mentioned them earlier but the Wake FB group "Demon Deacons Sports Nation", I believe it is, would be considered the sunshine brigade. Those guys and gals all seem like lovely people but bless their hearts.

They make me and CLT sound like Racer and DV7

Someone mentioned them earlier but the Wake FB group "Demon Deacons Sports Nation", I believe it is, would be considered the sunshine brigade. Those guys and gals all seem like lovely people but bless their hearts.

Oh Lord. Might have to check that out for some entertainment once I’m back in the office.

Just read the description and one of the requirements for joining is not arguing with a post so that’s a great sign

ACC tournament starts tomorrow. That will never feel right.

Also, we’re playing in it tomorrow. That’s should never feel right, either.

My elementary school teachers never would have pulled out the tv on the huge cart for a Tuesday afternoon basketball game. Nor for a game on Weds or Thursday. Friday afternoon games only. Back when the ACC tournament was the tournament.

KP projects Cuse to beat WF 69-65. Sounds about right. Confident the game will be tied at some point during the last 5 minutes, and WF will go through prolonged drought late when WF takes bad shots and turns the ball over. Nothing evokes the tradition of ACC basketball like a third game against Syracuse this season before an mostly empty arena in Brooklyn, NY.

KP projects Cuse to beat WF 69-65. Sounds about right. Confident the game will be tied at some point during the last 5 minutes, and WF will go through prolonged drought late when WF takes bad shots and turns the ball over. Nothing evokes the tradition of ACC basketball like a third game against Syracuse this season before an mostly empty arena in Brooklyn, NY.

Cuse is playing for a tournament birth and their first tournament win since joining the conference. I suspect Jim will have them ready to play.

Cuse is playing for a tournament birth and their first tournament win since joining the conference. I suspect Jim will have them ready to play.

Agree that Cuse has the coaching edge (by a wide margin), but they just aren't that good. They play 6, and only 2 of that 6 can be counted to score. Since January 27, Cuse has not won an ACC game by more than 8 points. The 8 point win was over WF which was a one possession game in the last two minutes (which we naturally pissed away). Not jocking WF by thinking the game will be close. Cuse either loses or plays a close game. Cuse beat Pitt by 5.

Agree that Cuse has the coaching edge (by a wide margin), but they just aren't that good. They play 6, and only 2 of that 6 can be counted to score. Since January 27, Cuse has not won an ACC game by more than 8 points. The 8 point win was over WF which was a one possession game in the last two minutes (which we naturally pissed away). Not jocking WF by thinking the game will be close. Cuse either loses or plays a close game. Cuse beat Pitt by 5.

You have to focus on stopping 2 guys. That's it. We have to get this done. Stick Chaundee on Battle and just hound him. Craw doesn't have the brain to D up Battle. Rest of our guards don't have the athletic ability. Almost wouldn't mind seeing Mitchell try it for a spell. Mitchell is pretty fast up and down the court. Not sure about his lateral speed yet.

Cuse brought a shit ton of fans last year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it pretty crowded in the lower bowl

Unless Dinos comes back for this one game and hits about 10 threes, we are so toast!

L. And Brooklyn is a totally shitty place to hold the ACCT. Went last year because we had Collins and a chance to win some games. Will never go back to Brooklyn. Restaurants in the area of the arena suck. Nothing to do unless you are staying in Manhattan.

L. And Brooklyn is a totally shitty place to hold the ACCT. Went last year because we had Collins and a chance to win some games. Will never go back to Brooklyn. Restaurants in the area of the arena suck. Nothing to do unless you are staying in Manhattan.

Yep. If you’re holding tourney in ny at least do it in msg.

Maybe I'm behind the times and out of touch but Wake Forest playing Syracuse on a Tuesday afternoon in Brooklyn NY is NOT the ACC Tournament. I miss the old days of the pre-expansion ACC Tourney; first round on Friday (12:00, 2:00, 7:00, 9:00) semifinals on Saturday and championship game on Sunday afternoon. When teachers would roll in the TV to watch during class, not so much because the students wanted to watch but because the teachers themselves wanted to watch. ACC Tourney Friday was an unofficial holiday in NC.

I would watch every minute of every game. Because it was important. But I don't give a damn about watching Notre Dame and Pitt playing.

I'll be very surprised if Wake beats Syracuse tomorrow.

If they do, it will forever piss me off that it will be considered an "ACC Tournament Win" and measured as equal to when Prosser or Odom won actual ACC tournament games.

See what I mean, lovely and delusional people.

I just tried finding it on U-verse in Raleigh. Not available.

My mistake. Tried to find it under Wake Forest like usual but it is not listed that way. At least it is on TV.

I'll be very surprised if Wake beats Syracuse tomorrow.

If they do, it will forever piss me off that it will be considered an "ACC Tournament Win" and measured as equal to when Prosser or Odom won actual ACC tournament games.

This

Back