• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

According to GOP Akin: Pregnancy Doesn't Happen When Raped

Doubtful. He's a Republican. The base will probably rally around his apology and it will be a competitive race.

It ain't even competitive. Akin is going to win this going away. While NH, NM, NV and CO have turned from red to purple or blue in the last decade, MO has turned red from purple. McCaskill has been getting crushed in the polling, and Obama has little chance there as well. McCaskill needs Akin to start calling her Macaca to have any shot.

I look forward to his future pronouncements in the Senate. Wouldn't be surprised to hear John Stewart just contributed to his campaign.

He's leading 49 to 41 percent in the most recent poll. We'll see how that changes in the next week.

So, err, he's talkin' 'bout "rape rape"??

medium_653729eeafbff896c0ce5e9666241e50.jpg

OK, "legitimate rape" is a far worse choice of words.

It is amazing to me how republicans today can become so empowered by ignorance. If a doctor told me that, I would dismiss him as a crazy lunatic. A republican senatorial candidate, however, will instead use nonsense to justify an absurd position on women's rights. It is as if we are moving back centuries in terms of common sense. What's next, public floggings for women who cheat on their husbands?

What's really scary is that it's unlikely he's the only one who thinks that. He probably heard that from somebody else and has discussed it with his circle of associates and they believe it too.

What's really scary is that it's unlikely he's the only one who thinks that. He probably heard that from somebody else and has discussed it with his circle of associates and they believe it too.

Which is why he'll still get elected in November. Go Mizzou!

It is amazing to me how republicans today can become so empowered by ignorance. If a doctor told me that, I would dismiss him as a crazy lunatic. A republican senatorial candidate, however, will instead use nonsense to justify an absurd position on women's rights. It is as if we are moving back centuries in terms of common sense. What's next, public floggings for women who cheat on their husbands?

Mmmmn, public floggings of women. You should go to the convention next week and suggest this.

As to the point of your post, that's because the Pub party has become the anti-science party, going back to where most Dems prolly were in the 1930s (or at least Southern Dems). They're anti climate change, anti alternative energy, anti stem cell research and want to teach "intelligent design". Had a friend over for dinner last night who was complaining about this very thing. He said if the Pubs dropped all the religious and social crap and were just fiscal conservatives that they'd win most elections and be the dominant party in the country. My response was prolly so, but that the social conservatives are largely who is in control of the party now, and that ain't gonna change anytime soon.

BTW, love your avatar.

So, err, he's talkin' 'bout "rape rape"??[/IMG]

OK, "legitimate rape" is a far worse choice of words.

I want to make sure I understand the difference here. So is not real rape (where one will get pregnant) the kind where you are raped by your boyfriend, or at least someone you know who gave you a ride home from that party, whereas legit rape (where you won't get pregnant) the kind where you are raped by a stranger who is presumably African American?

Doubtful. He's a Republican. The base will probably rally around his apology and it will be a competitive race.

Different subject matter, but the stupidity is on the same level as Hank "Guam Will Tip Over" Johnson, who was re-elected rather easily. There are idiots on both sides.

The Dems are just glad to have Uncle Joe knocked off the front page. Well, at least until his next campaign stop.

Last edited:
I want to make sure I understand the difference here. So is not real rape (where one will get pregnant) the kind where you are raped by your boyfriend, or at least someone you know who gave you a ride home from that party, whereas legit rape (where you won't get pregnant) the kind where you are raped by a stranger who is presumably African American?

Personal foul: Unwarranted playing of the race card. 15-yard penalty and repeat first grade.

Back