• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

According to GOP Akin: Pregnancy Doesn't Happen When Raped

Good lord this guy is an idiot. This is why the GOP can't have nice things.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/08/romney-ryan-akin-abortion-rape-incest.html

Akin is a moron extremist, and his ties to Ryan as co-sponsors of a personhood bill and a bill which used the concept of "forcible rape" are going to hurt with moderates and independents. As will Romney's campaign clarification hurt Romney/Ryan with the GOP base, making an exclusion for rape (which contradicts Ryan's stance and the GOP platform) right before the convention.

This is also the guy who said

the heart of liberalism really is a hatred for God and a belief that government should replace God

He's a pretty good example of everything that is wrong with the Republican Party right now, and why they have driven young(ish) professionals like myself so far away from the party.

Shows how bad the Dems are that they can't effectively run against these people.

Claire McCaskill does indeed suck.

Why would he?

Why would he?

If he gets out now, I think the 'pubs can put a new guy on the ballot without much an issue. If he waits too long to get out though, the 'pubs won't be able to replace him.

Allegedly today's the last day he can drop out/be replaced without consequences. Akin was specifically targeted by McCaskill's campaign as their most favorable opponent (ala Sharron Angle with Harry Reid). The other two GOP challengers had larger polling leads in match ups with McCaskill. He's gotta be toast...

If he gets out now, I think the 'pubs can put a new guy on the ballot without much an issue. If he waits too long to get out though, the 'pubs won't be able to replace him.

Replace him with somebody who probably has similar beliefs?

I want to make sure I understand the difference here. So is not real rape (where one will get pregnant) the kind where you are raped by your boyfriend, or at least someone you know who gave you a ride home from that party, whereas legit rape (where you won't get pregnant) the kind where you are raped by a stranger who is presumably African American?

It was a Whoopi Goldberg reference. She said "rape rape" once.

Back