• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adam Sandler's new movie flops

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
One awful movie too many?
'Madagascar 3' stampedes, 'Rock,' Sandler flop
Ben Stiller and his voice co-stars of "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" held on to the No. 1 spot again with $35.5 million for the animated sequel's second weekend.

Studio estimates Sunday put Ridley Scott's sci-fi adventure "Prometheus" at No. 2 again with $20.2 million.

"Madagascar 3" and "Prometheus" held off two underachieving newcomers. The star-studded musical "Rock of Ages" flopped at No. 3 with $15.1 million.

Sandler's "That's My Boy" bombed with $13 million, the worst showing for one of his broad comedies since the mid-1990s. "That's My Boy" came in at No. 5, behind the $13.8 million for "Snow White & the Huntsman," a film that's been out for three weekends already.
http://news.yahoo.com/madagascar-3-stampedes-rock-sandler-flop-162920352.html

I thought it looked better then his last one "Jack & Jill".

Saw it on Friday for free, went in expecting awful. It was somewhere between average to pretty good. Premise is very stupid but the comedy throughout is pretty funny.

Good for you America. Hopefully the rest of the world doesn't validate this crap, like it did with Battleship.

I was about to say that I have no idea who would actually pay to go see that movie, but I can think of at least one dude here with that kind of questionable taste.

I doubt there has been anyone in movie history as simultaneously prolific and mediocre, although some of his early films were good.

dxcw20.jpg

2gxmn7s.jpg

2zxy2wm.jpg

Kinda surprised that Rock of Ages flopped. I guess white people in their 40s and 50s didn't show up.

Kinda surprised that Rock of Ages flopped. I guess white people in their 40s and 50s didn't show up.

We GenXers aren't as gullible for sentimental schlock as our Baby Boomer predecessors.

Idiot pre-teens couldn't go. He shouldn't release rated R movies.

can't you drink beer at the broadway show

That is accurate. In your seats, too. I dropped about $40 on PBR cans when I went. (Don't worry, it wasn't that many cans...it was in-house bar at a Broadway show, the prices were neither modest nor reasonable.) Definitely the kind of show where alcohol is strongly recommended, if not required.

Popped in the What The Hell Happened To Me CD on the drive back home this afternoon. Forgot about his horrible excited southerner bits but he was doing the Sandler voice all the way back then too. I wouldn't pay money to see this one at the theater but I will watch when it hits cable.

Good. Maybe he'll stick to making weird but oddly sympathetic films like Punch Drunk Love where he doesn't have to go all out crazy a la Jim Carrey. Worked for Jim in Eternal Sunshine.

Back