• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adrian Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

Keep in mind (according to the Vikes blog linked earlier) those pics were taken a week after the incident. Terrible. Big difference between spanking a kid and whipping them to the point where they have injuries like that a week later.

Did Bob Knight get suspended after he choked a kid?

I notice that didn't keep him from making millions.

It wasn't a choke asshole, it was a slight grab of the neck!

Did Bob Knight get suspended after he choked a kid?

I notice that didn't keep him from making millions.

I know you just trying to get a rise out of bfk, but that is not even close to comparable. Knight put his hands on a grown man's neck, AD hit a child with a stick in the nut sack among other places.

I know you just trying to get a rise out of bfk, but that is not even close to comparable. Knight put his hands on a grown man's neck, AD hit a child with a stick in the nut sack among other places.

Both acts were cowardly, disgusting, and violent by someone with in a position of authority over a kid. They are different in some ways, but both Peterson and Knight behaved like abusive assholes who believe they are more important or better than the kids for whom they are responsible. It's reprehensible in both situations. Dirtbags who certainly have not deserved their good fortune in life that led to millions of dollars.

I'm confused as to whether the boy was 4 or 11, but either way, if those pics are legit, that level of beating is fucking insane. You'd have to be a monster to do that (especially if the kid is freaking 4 years old).

Both acts were cowardly, disgusting, and violent by someone with in a position of authority over a kid. They are different in some ways, but both Peterson and Knight behaved like abusive assholes who believe they are more important or better than the kids for whom they are responsible. It's reprehensible in both situations. Dirtbags who certainly have not deserved their good fortune in life that led to millions of dollars.

not condoning Knight's behavior in the least but Neil Reed was not a "kid". He was old enough to be a soldier and big enough to physically defend himself against Knight. That was not even remotely the case w/ AD's son. Also, Knight's authority over Reed doesn't equate with the authority AD has over his son.

You trivialiize the long term effects of having an abusive parent by comparing it to the Knight/Reed altercation.

Apples & Watermelons

Last edited:
not condoning Knight's behavior in the least but Neil Reed was not a "kid". He was old enough to be a soldier and big enough to physically defend himself against Knight. That was not even remotely the case w/ AD's son. Also, Knight's authority over Reed also doesn't equate with the authority AD has over his son.

You trivialiize the long term effects of having an abusive parent by comparing it to the Knight/Reed altercation.

Apples & Watermelons

Another difference is that no one here is really trying to mitigate the AP stuff.

not condoning Knight's behavior in the least but Neil Reed was not a "kid". He was old enough to be a soldier and big enough to physically defend himself against Knight. That was not even remotely the case w/ AD's son. Also, Knight's authority over Reed also doesn't equate with the authority AD has over his son.

Apples & Watermelons

Violence is violence. Abuse is abuse. Both AD and Knight have obvious psychological problems. It's certainly more abhorrent to beat a child, but let's not make excuses for Knight.

Violence is violence. Abuse is abuse. Both AD and Knight have obvious psychological problems. It's certainly more abhorrent to beat a child, but let's not make excuses for Knight.

I never made excuses for Knight. If you really think their actions are comparable (instead of admitting to bfk baiting - nttawwt) then there's no need to continue this discussion.

My guess is that you don't have kids

I never made excuses for Knight. If you really think their actions are comparable (instead of admitting to bfk baiting - nttawwt) then there's no need to continue this discussion.

My guess is that you don't have kids

There are definitely comparisons, even though it's not the EXACT SAME. An equivalent comparison would be a pedophile and a superior officer who rapes a soldier. Both are horrible.

I do not have kids, but I worked in child care for more than a decade. I'm not trivializing AD's abuse in the slightest. I'm asking that we don't trivialize other violence and abuse.

There are definitely comparisons, even though it's not the EXACT SAME. An equivalent comparison would be a pedophile and a superior officer who rapes a soldier. Both are horrible.

I do not have kids, but I worked in child care for more than a decade. I'm not trivializing AD's abuse in the slightest. I'm asking that we don't trivialize other violence and abuse.

so THAT's why you brought Knight into the discussion?

if 2&2 to Leyritz had posted the same comments as bfk fan, then you no doubt would have used it as an opportunity to remind us of the hazards of drinking/driving

again, you were likely just bfk baiting and went a little overboard, my bad for taking it serious.

so THAT's why you brought Knight into the discussion?

if 2&2 to Leyritz had posted the same comments as bfk fan, then you no doubt would have used it as an opportunity to remind us of the hazards of drinking/driving

again, you were likely just bfk baiting and went a little overboard, my bad for taking it serious.

I've never mentioned Leyritz on here to my knowledge.

I wonder how this stacks up to withdrawing early from a golf tournament to be present for the birth of your son.

*daughter

There goes Townie playing fast and loose with the facts again. Lying liars will always lie.

I've never mentioned Leyritz on here to my knowledge.

which was kinda my point, you comments were motivated by a specific poster (bfk fan) not by an attempt spread awareness of all types of violence. Certainly there are comparisons of any actions if you broaden the scope enough. Yes violence is violence but there are varying degrees and bringing Knight's lesser infractions into the equation dilutes the severity of AD's actions (imo) The same for coach/player authority vs father/son authority.

I understand the desire to point out the hypocrisy of bfk fan being historically blind to Knight's flaws yet pointing out AD's. I have no issue with that, I've done the same in the past when bfkfan would complain about other coaches' behavior. I'm really not a fan of Knight at all but I just thought grouping him in with child abuse was a little much. Again my bad for taking it too serious

Back