• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

advanced degrees

do you have/are you working on an advanced degree?

• no

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • yes, I have a masters

Votes: 51 31.1%
  • yes, I have a J.D.

Votes: 32 19.5%
  • yes, I have a M.D.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • yes, I have a Ph.D.

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • yes, I am working on a masters

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • yes I am working on a J.D.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • yes I am working on a M.D.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • yes I am working on a Ph.D

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • no, but I plan on it/other

Votes: 20 12.2%

• Total voters

ChicdeaC

Reaction score
Do you have an advanced degree or are you working on one? Was surprised to see how many people are working on advanced degrees in my posrep. Maybe I shouldn't have been based on it being a Wake board, but it made me curious how much "extra" schooling we have...feel free to post your program, details etc. in comments

No advanced degree and I hope I never need one to further my career. I do not like school.

Working on a J.D., and if I ever have the time/money/opportunity in the future I would like to get a PhD. and M.B.A..

taking the gmat this summer/fall. hope to start part-time mba program sometime in 2013. work will pay for it, so why not?

MS in biomechanical engineering. Went straight to it after college because I had no effing clue what I wanted to do.

Someday, far far away. Down to the last 15k in undergrad loans, so that's nice.

Most likely going to stay at my new job for 2 years, and then bolt off to get my MBA. Company will pay for school but I'll probably decide whether or not to take it based off the schools I get into.

working on a JD. Love everything about it. Wish the job market was a little bit better, but I'm confident that things will work out.

a little bit???

I try to stay optimistic about everything (except Buzz. Fuck Buzz). Obviously I wish the job market was significantly better, but I've still got a year in school for things to turn around. And when people ask me why I'm spending a fortune on a degree to enter an already saturated job market, I try to explain that the skill sets honed in law school (reading critically, writing clearly and concisely, etc.) are not limited to the practice of law. So that's why I'm optimistic, I guess.

Back