• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aerial banner at football game

If it's during the State game, the Strattons' ties to NCSU are going to be the prime response from the administration. Oh, a State alum paid for an anti-WFU banner at the State/WFU game, and you're telling me this is representative of WFU fans? Hogwash!

Have you tried calling Knight's brother? Pretty sure he has something to do with airplanes but I can't remember what it is.

You contribute $5200 bucks and we can do two banners.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

It would be in very poor taste to fly this during the game. Stick to tailgating hours no later than 30 minutes before kickoff. For a noon game, a post game banner would work too. That's enough to get the message across.

Agree 100 %.
This is a terrible idea and will be an embarrassment to Wake Forest fans.
OTOH, the opposing team's fans and the parody posters will love it.

Last edited:
Does it cost any more for sky-writing as opposed to a banner? That way the smoke could linger there for a few minutes, similar to how the stench of [Redacted] has lingered over our program for 3+ years.

Sky writing costs much more. $8500

Agree 100 %.
OTH, the opposing team's fans and the parody posters will love it.

Wake Up has 7 posts? Are you having a good day, Mr Wellman?

Agree 100 %.
OTOH, the opposing team's fans and the parody posters will love it.

Opposing teams' fans love [Redacted] too.

A couple extra things based on comments made already...

1- Agree that it shouldn't fly in the NCSU game
2- Disagree that it shouldn't fly during a game based on being an embarrassment. Is it really possible to be embarrassed anymore than we already are with the basketball product we have on the floor now?
3- BUT, #2 is valid in the event that we fly it during a game that we actually end up winning. If Ron's hire Jim Grobe gets a big win, it kind of takes away from the message. Therefore, we should either fly it during a game that we are guaranteed to lose or we should fly it during a game we are expected to win. I think the ideal game to fly it is Duke because if we beat them, nobody cares because we have owned them in recent years, but if we lose (which is certainly possible), it just accentuates the message. Granted, we could be 5-0 in hoops by then against our patsy schedule, but even 4-1 justifies the banner.

I say the FSU game, but just my opinion. Highest probability of losing, and likeliest for most TV exposure.

I don't think TV will mention it.

ACCN won't embarrass a member institution by paying it any mind.
ESPN broadcasters never take a hardline negative stance during games. Has any game commentator weighed in with anything negative about Bz?

The FAA does not permit you to fly over the stadium during a game, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Back