• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alabama v. LSU BCSCG Predictions

Prediction - If LSU wins, some random website called www.rolltidegobama.net will still name Alabama national champs. And Alabama will count the championship - along with its ten other bogus titles from random Alabama newspapers over the years.

Roll Tide.

No reason other than I was a fan of the Bear and would enjoy seeing the BCS pot stirred a bit more.

Prediction - If LSU wins, some random website called www.rolltidegobama.net will still name Alabama national champs. And Alabama will count the championship - along with its ten other bogus titles from random Alabama newspapers over the years.

+1

If they win this game it will actually be the 3rd national championship that they claim in which they finished 3rd in the SEC.

The 13 national titles that they claim was actually made up by their sports information director in 1983. The NCAA has never acknowledged 13 (I think they recognize 7 or 8). All their dumb redneck fans actually believe they really do have 13 though.

Here is a good article that explains it for anyone interested.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/70154-alabamas-12-mythical-national-championships

I want to see LSU smoke the tide just to show that they had there shot and shouldn't have been given a 2nd go round.

My mother, a proud Mississippi native, always talked about seeing Hughey Long leading the LSU band down Capital Street in Jackson. She hated LSU!
I'm going with the Tide.
BTW, it's been 6 full weeks since Alabama last played, and 5 full weeks since LSU played in the SEC title game. It seems a bit ridiculous to have a national championship game played between 2 teams who have been off the field for so long. But I don't run the place; I just watch.

Tigers 24
Tide 21

Les is more.

Last edited:
A bowl team the day after a plane crash killed several members of the athletic department.

Harsh but you honestly think the majority of the Iowa State Football team cared deeply that two Woman's basketball coaches dies? My guess is many couldn't tell you what the name of the coach was.

I'll preface this by saying I'd prefer to see Oklahoma State even though I think Bama's the better team, but I don't buy the plane crash narrative. The Cowboys blew a 24-7 lead late in that game.

LSU 24 Bama 14

This is going to be big boy football tonight!

Back