• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alabama v. LSU BCSCG Predictions

the better question is why is LSU getting points now?? the line opened at LSU -1 and has slowly shifted to LSU +2

i pretty much have my mortgage on LSU at this point. my favorite thing about this line is that you can tease it to LSU +8... how is LSU gonna lose by double digits??

why is the public betting Bama so heavily? they already played in Alabama and LSU won. i really don't get it...

Probably because Alabama has a lot of bets on them since they were the better team in the first matchup and lost because they couldn't put the ball in the end zone (LSU defense) and their kicker choked.

I'll preface this by saying I'd prefer to see Oklahoma State even though I think Bama's the better team, but I don't buy the plane crash narrative. The Cowboys blew a 24-7 lead late in that game.

I agree with the first part. I'd rather see OSU play LSU but in my heart I know that LSU would dominate and if anyone doesn't think the 2 best teams aren't playing tonight, I don't know what to tell you. Didn't care to see a rematch but it is what it is. Also don't want to see a "field goal" game like the first one and I don't think it will be. I'm going with the Tigers in this one........screw Bama.

L$U-21
Crim$on Tide -17

Not to mention the fact that Alabama lost to LSU at home, and now the game is in the freaking Super Dome.

Really not buying the LSU home game argument though. It may be 55/45 or something close to that but nothing overwhelming. People tried that argument for the United vs Barcelona match in Wembley last year and Barcelona ended up having more fans at the game.

Alabama 23-20 in OT. 17-17 end of regulation.

Not to mention the fact that Alabama lost to LSU at home, and now the game is in the freaking Super Dome.

This is the part I really don't get. The Super Dome won't be some massive advantage, thanks to the super-corporatizing of championship games, but there was certainly a big advantage in Alabama and they still couldn't get it done.

Just out of curiosity... can anybody think of any good examples of two top teams playing twice in a season and the games having an entirely different type of game (scoring-wise)?

I figure there aren't too many years to pull examples from (since it would pretty much have had to happen since the conference championship game years)... but maybe there are some good NFL examples.

I have a weird feeling that both offenses are going to show up tonight.

Just out of curiosity... can anybody think of any good examples of two top teams playing twice in a season and the games having an entirely different type of game (scoring-wise)?

I figure there aren't too many years to pull examples from (since it would pretty much have had to happen since the conference championship game years)... but maybe there are some good NFL examples.

I have a weird feeling that both offenses are going to show up tonight.

Well, Florida put up 52 in the '97 Sugar Bowl after having only scored 21 earlier in the season against FSU. The Noles scored about the same (24 vs. 20) in both games. Not sure if that counts :noidea:.

Hoping to see LSU win. But predicting Bama wins.

27-13 Bama.

In Championship games, QBs have to be X-factors, rising to a new level for their team. Jefferson has much more potential than McCarron to do something spectacular.

They were saying in the pregame it was about 65% LSU fans

Back