• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aldi own-label gin beats more expensive rivals in blind taste test

FWIW, The parent co. of Aldi out of Germany also owns "Trader Joes"

Trader Joe's has a house brand of gin - Rear Admiral London Dry Gin- could it be the same?

Just came across a gin called "The Cardinal" made in NC and stocked in NC ABC stores. Pretty good, has a stronger herb profile than most of my regulars. Little bit of liquorice flavor backing the juniper.

i asked sometime last summer if anybody here had ever had it, and nobody replied. dhtoy loves the stuff though. he won't drink anything else anymore.

Thought you were more of a rum man, with white wine spritzer backups

Just came across a gin called "The Cardinal" made in NC and stocked in NC ABC stores. Pretty good, has a stronger herb profile than most of my regulars. Little bit of liquorice flavor backing the juniper.

One nice thing about living in DC is having real liquor stores. The ABC Stores in VA have terrible selections, just the big brands with a scant few smaller. The store in my neighborhood will let you try before you buy.

I'd love you to tell these guys that vodka is a girly drink.

e8uqugeg.jpg

Gin doesn't suck. You just need to drink the good shit in good cocktails.

I drank half a handle of tanqueray on beach weekend senior year.

Passed out in the lazy river for a couple of hours.

Been hesitant on gin ever since but I do like it w/ Meyer lemons these days.

the house brands in aldi are just so weird sounding- i always think they sell stuff that fell off the back of a truck.

Back