• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alex Kinal - Punter

Just noting he's old for college. Doesn't affect his NFL prospects, of course.

So 10 punts to tie the career mark.

Another NCAA record in his sights is total punting yards. 13,621 also by Nick Harris of California. Right now Kinal is at 13,021.

Pretty much a shoe in in the next 3 games.

I thought one of the things you had to do in the NFL is punt using 1 step, which caused Plackemeier a lot of problems. I can see Alex having the same issues. He's not a 1 step and punt guy.

Mack Brown called him the best punter in the country last night

Needs 3 to break the record. He's gonna shatter this thing with the games the rest of the way.

Needs 3 to break the record. He's gonna shatter this thing with the games the rest of the way.

3 punts and 286 yards to hold both records. Next game is pretty much a lock.

3 punts and 286 yards to hold both records. Next game is pretty much a lock.

Yeah, seven punts averaging 41 yards per gets him both records. Pretty doable in Wake's next game, and certainly in the game after that. Everything following will just be putting it further away for the next guy to reach.

It should give NBC something to highlight going into the game.

I thought one of the things you had to do in the NFL is punt using 1 step, which caused Plackemeier a lot of problems. I can see Alex having the same issues. He's not a 1 step and punt guy.

As much as I like Kinal, I don't think he's a pro prospect.

The guy averaged 40 yards a kick last night with a pulled groin I'm fairly confident he will be punting on Sundays.

LOL. There's least one person on this thread who knows his stuff who disagrees.

LOL. There's least one person on this thread who knows his stuff who disagrees.

I want him to be in the league. I love the guy. You have to be special to be an NFL punter. The rugby style stuff that he does at times, albeit totally on purpose, would seem to work against him as far as his scouting on the next level. Look at guys like Plack. The ball just came off of his foot differently. It was like a rocket. Huge hang time with huge carry. I'll never know how that guy didn't stick around in the league. Swank is another mystery. How that guy didn't land a pk job baffles me.

it could be many, many years before his record is broken. He may punt 30 more times this season considering who we're playing.

I have to be a douche and agree that I'd be surprised if he made it in the league. First off there are amazingly limited numbers of those jobs and I don't know that he has that super heavy leg as mentioned above.

Back