• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Currie had one job to raise money to fire Manning and he couldnt do that in one year. Im tellin you folks the people in charge at Wake are incompetent.

Currie had one job to raise money to fire Manning and he couldnt do that in one year. Im tellin you folks the people in charge at Wake are incompetent.

If we had dilapidated athletic facilities and Manning was having to do the laundry, I could understand this. But, what I absolutely will never understand is HOW do we spend what... $100 million+ on athletic facilities but we can't collect money to end this nightmare and actually provide quality product INSIDE of those buildings?

Something, somewhere is missing in all of this. It makes zero sense. It's either the grossest mismanagement of a major college program in history, total incompetence, or complete apathy for the average fan and total resignation to people who want their names on buildings. Again, something, somewhere is missing in all of this.

Something, somewhere is missing in all of this. It makes zero sense. It's either the grossest mismanagement of a major college program in history, total incompetence, or complete apathy for the average fan and total resignation to people who want their names on buildings. Again, something, somewhere is missing in all of this.

Agreed.

I have no sources and zero inside information.

The degree to which some believe the $15M figure as gospel is surprising to me. How confident are we that’s the number? I know about Jeff Goodman’s claim last year and it appears every media mention since points to that single source. Do we have other sources outside the usual bullshit posters claiming they overheard something from the waiter at Putters? Or do we just all believe Goodman is correct?

The reason I ask is that I still cannot fathom we gave anyone a 6 year guaranteed contract. Completely out of character for both Wellman and Wake Forest even for a good coach. I know for a fact that Grobes 10 year deal after the Orange Bowl had favorable buyout language for Wake, which was used when he was let go. So why would we do something worse for a less accomplished coach? Makes no sense. Say what you want about Wellman (I don’t hate him the way some do), but I don’t think the guy is an idiot.

Bob, to get to those numbers, Danny's incentives, ones he has never reached, would have to be fully guaranteed.

Bob, to get to those numbers, Danny's incentives, ones he has never reached, would have to be fully guaranteed.
You've made up this lie to the point you believe it now.

FUCK YOU, JOHN CURRIE

David Glenn, who reported negotiations had started between Danny’s agent and Currie, also stated the buyout wasn’t 15-18M and more in the 8-10M range.

Last edited:
How can an "incentive" be fully guaranteed? That doesn't make any sense.

David Glenn, who reported negations had started between Danny’s agent and Currie, also stated the buyout wasn’t 15-18M and more in the 8-10M range.

Negations is a good word. We should just just negate the past 10 years.

Being that we're in a corona blizzard with nothing going on, why is mannequin still hanging around? Hopefully sometime this weekend we will hear good news, but I'm sure most of us are skeptical given the athletic department's handling of similar past situations.

How can an "incentive" be fully guaranteed? That doesn't make any sense.

Incentives could easily be over and above the original $18 million. $3 million per year is in the market for P6 head coaches.

Incentives would be over and above that amount. Meaning, for example, Danny could earn an additional $500,000 each year he won the ACC tournament. Or an ADDITIONAL $1 million if Wake won the NCAA tournament. Really good performance could push such a hypothetical contract to over $20 million

There could be smaller incentives as well, for many different reasons. Such as graduation rate, wins in A season, ACC wins in a season etc.

All these hypothetical incentives would be money payable in addition to the $18 million reported guaranteed money.

People accept Jeff Goodman's report because he has a track record of being correct in similar situations. The Dave Glenn report is very recent. He and others who have pushed the "its less than that" narrative don't have the same track record in matters like this.

Some on here have little understanding that the optics, timing and financing of the firing will impact the next hiring process.

The NEXT HIRE IS THE IMPORTANT THING.

Wake can't afford 3 or more years like the last 10.

Being that we're in a corona blizzard with nothing going on, why is mannequin still hanging around? Hopefully sometime this weekend we will hear good news, but I'm sure most of us are skeptical given the athletic department's handling of similar past situations.

my thing is, if he's staying, it's something no one wants to hear, so this is the perfect week to put out that announcement.

Incentives could easily be over and above the original $18 million. $3 million per year is in the market for P6 head coaches.

Incentives would be over and above that amount. Meaning, for example, Danny could earn an additional $500,000 each year he won the ACC tournament. Or an ADDITIONAL $1 million if Wake won the NCAA tournament. Really good performance could push such a hypothetical contract to over $20 million

There could be smaller incentives as well, for many different reasons. Such as graduation rate, wins in A season, ACC wins in a season etc.

All these hypothetical incentives would be money payable in addition to the $18 million reported guaranteed money.

People accept Jeff Goodman's report because he has a track record of being correct in similar situations. The Dave Glenn report is very recent. He and others who have pushed the "its less than that" narrative don't have the same track record in matters like this.

Some on here have little understanding that the optics, timing and financing of the firing will impact the next hiring process.

The NEXT HIRE IS THE IMPORTANT THING.

Wake can't afford 3 or more years like the last 10.

Wake can't afford 1 more year like the last 10 yet here we are...

If Manning comes back I say we Hang It. Make it a complete and total mockery.

Back