• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

May get slammed here, but perhaps with what is going on and the fact we are all in this together, maybe we can suspend the fu's and personal attacks for awhile. We are all Wake sports fans and Americans.

Something tells me that this post isn't going to gain much traction with 2&2.

And Hatch is donating $100,000 himself.

While this is nice, his email was completely tone deaf and missed the mark. Wake should take care of their employees. Who cares if something was not budgeted for? It appears as if we are not going to be paying two basketball coaches next year. I will give money to those truly in need and not the school with over a billion raised in the last 10 years. Nice of hatch to give $100k but he is the highest paid president in the US probably by more than 100k and lives in a mansion for free. I haven’t seen Manning on the donor list yet. God, they never let an opportunity to ask for money go to waste.

While this is nice, his email was completely tone deaf and missed the mark. Wake should take care of their employees. Who cares if something was not budgeted for? It appears as if we are not going to be paying two basketball coaches next year. I will give money to those truly in need and not the school with over a billion raised in the last 10 years. Nice of hatch to give $100k but he is the highest paid president in the US probably by more than 100k and lives in a mansion for free. I haven’t seen Manning on the donor list yet. God, they never let an opportunity to ask for money go to waste.

Per the most recent data, he is the 27th highest paid university president. https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/executive-compensation#id=table_private_2017 For the year before that, he was the 50th highest paid university president.

They are not Wake employees. They are contracted through Aramark, Budd group, etc. I have heard many asking how they can support those workers, and this seems to be the fund to donate to if you want to help.

Per the most recent data, he is the 27th highest paid university president. https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/executive-compensation#id=table_private_2017 For the year before that, he was the 50th highest paid university president.

Congrats. My post still stands. He made over $4 million in 2015. Like I said, a nice donation. How about he does it and have wake handle the rest to take care of its own employees and students - pro humanitate - with all the money given in response to CONSTANT requests for $. Stop always asking for $. We are giving $3 million a year to a coach who can’t win 50% of its games but can’t afford to pay employees or assist international students get home. Is that a joke?

Aramark and the Budd group should take care of its employees and if they don’t, the federal government just passed a 2 Trillion bill, and if that doesn’t work, wake should do its part. Don’t get me wrong - I have given and plan to give more to help people but not to this.

Congrats. My post still stands. He made over $4 million in 2015. Like I said, a nice donation. How about he does it and have wake handle the rest to take care of its own employees and students - pro humanitate - with all the money given in response to CONSTANT requests for $. Stop always asking for $. We are giving $3 million a year to a coach who can’t win 50% of its games but can’t afford to pay employees or assist international students get home. Is that a joke?

If this post wasn’t so sad, it would be laughable.

Shorty you seriously need to get off of Wellman, Hatch and Currie’s jock, its laughable at this point. Those 3 have wrecked and continue to wreck our once proud bball program. They deserve all the hell they get and you continue to excuse and defend them.

They are not Wake employees. They are contracted through Aramark, Budd group, etc. I have heard many asking how they can support those workers, and this seems to be the fund to donate to if you want to help.

My org is paying our contracted workers. It’s not hard to do.

Currie has done nothing to do with wrecking our program. Only knee jerk morons don't understand Currie's position at this point.

Currie has been here 11 months, another year will go by without firing Manning which if my math is correct makes 2 years for Currie with his thumb up his ass. So thats 2 years on the job and we’re in the same spot we were with Wellman at the helm. Our bball program is a disaster and will continue to be so spare me with the bullshit excuses.

Serious question, what has Currie shown that makes you think he’s a good AD? his UT tenure was a disaster, and hes kept Manning for atleast 2 years too long and maybe more.

Im the idiot and the higher ups at Wake are the smart ones for fucking up our bball program, now including Currie who hasnt changed a thing.

Shorty you seriously need to get off of Wellman, Hatch and Currie’s jock, its laughable at this point. Those 3 have wrecked and continue to wreck our once proud bball program. They deserve all the hell they get and you continue to excuse and defend them.

It’s a basketball program. A. BASKETBALL. FUCKING. PROGRAM. Whether or not one donates to a cause like the Wake Forest Crisis Response is a matter of individual choice. Clearly the program’s intent is nothing other than to help people who need help. Even at that, not everyone can or will contribute. I find no fault either way.

But when your stated reason for not contributing is because “We are giving $3 million a year to a coach who can’t win 50% of its (sic) games... you have got to be fucking insane. You’re tying what is in some cases desperately needed help to a basketball coach?

You guys are actually beyond insane. You’re probably rabid. You should get a saliva test.

It’s A. BASKETBALL. FUCKING. PROGRAM.

Shorty im talking about those 3 being incompetent and fucking up our bball program, i dont even know wtf your talking about with the other stuff.

My point was simply that Wake should stop always asking for money. I agree the fund is well intentioned, of course. What would be nice at this time would be an email indicating that in this unprecedented pandemic Wake Forest will not be asking for any money as we know how difficult this is on everyone to varying degrees. We have been touched by the many inquiries about how employees and students are being affected, and, rest assured, through the many years of generosity from our alumni and friends, Wake Forest is well positioned to meet the challenge. We will be taking care of our students, our employees, our contractors etc.

The fact that our basketball coach is paid $3 Million per year is simply an example of poor stewardship despite incredibly generosity from alumni etc. I honestly do not care what happens to our basketball coach at this point. And won’t until this crisis is over.

Back