• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

I don't expect Manning to be fired at this point. No AD in a P6 conference is going to fire a HC right now and take on a buyout and a new contract when they have no idea what their revenue is going to be over the next 12 months. That is just financial negligence.

If there is no college football and/or college basketball this upcoming season, frankly no coaches are getting fired next year as no school is going to have the money to do it. AD's are going to be trying to figure out how to pay their coaches and fund their scholarships.

When i said this exact same thing yesterday it was the stupidest post on this thread according to some.

What happened last year is inconsequential at this juncture and you know that. My point is that next year's football season, basketball season, ACC Tournament, NCAA Tournament, and others I'm not thinking of, are all at risk. With AD revenues already down, why Wake would be foolish enough to take on the additional burden of Manning's buyout?

I'm sure even you realize at this point that Manning is going to be here next year. And right now, that's the sensible thing for the university to do.

Yes I realize that he will be here next year, but it isn't because of Coronavirus or any other of your daily excuses. It is because our AD is an incompetent, useless stooge. That's it. Otherwise, Manning would have been gone at any time during the 11 months since I started this thread when it became apparent immediately after his hiring that he was incompetent. As usual, my evaluation was correct. The fact that he even let it get to this point just speaks more to his incompetence. Why is Currie employed? If his job is to perpetuate failure, why is his position even needed? An empty chair could do a similar job to John Currie.

FWIW, just had an interaction with someone who is close to a guy that works for an executive search firm that specializes in sports (AD's, college football, college basketball). He said the search firm is currently laying off employees because they have no business right now. No one is looking for coaches right now.

Fuck that! I want what I want and I want it NOW!!!

I don't want to know about reality. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Thought you should get the response some will give you...

So Manning is back for year 7, i wonder what excuse the Currie lovers will make when he’s back for year 8.

I really thought Currie was hired to clean up the bball mess, SMH i was wrong. It could realistically be another 6-7 years before we sniff the NCAA Tourny or even be a competitive again.

So we dont fire Manning until we have a winner for a replacement? so say the next 3-4 years we wanna fire Manning but dont have a winner replacement? yea sure great logic. your doing wayy more damage to the bball program by keeping him, if you cant make a home run hire find a Forbes type guy to turn this thing around.

If Currie cant fire Manning this year, what makes anyone think he will fire him in a year from now?

Because circumstances might be different a year from now?

And how exactly will circumstances be different other than the buyout dropping 3 mil??

this is actually the dumbest post on this entire thread, which is really saying something.

THERE is the history leading up to your post. You crying about how Currie should fire him now no matter what, then a lot of complaining about how bad we will suck for the next several years, then asking what could possibly be different a year from now. THAT was the stupidest post on the thread. Compare that tirade to the message below and tell me you really think you were saying the same thing.

I don't expect Manning to be fired at this point. No AD in a P6 conference is going to fire a HC right now and take on a buyout and a new contract when they have no idea what their revenue is going to be over the next 12 months. That is just financial negligence.

If there is no college football and/or college basketball this upcoming season, frankly no coaches are getting fired next year as no school is going to have the money to do it. AD's are going to be trying to figure out how to pay their coaches and fund their scholarships.

In a turn that not even I would have predicted, RJ being absolutely wrong about everything he guaranteed would happen has turned him into an even more insufferable poster than he was previously. Someone should be studying this dude for their psychology thesis.

Yes I realize that he will be here next year, but it isn't because of Coronavirus or any other of your daily excuses. It is because our AD is an incompetent, useless stooge. That's it. Otherwise, Manning would have been gone at any time during the 11 months since I started this thread when it became apparent immediately after his hiring that he was incompetent. As usual, my evaluation was correct. The fact that he even let it get to this point just speaks more to his incompetence. Why is Currie employed? If his job is to perpetuate failure, why is his position even needed? An empty chair could do a similar job to John Currie.

Manning is still here. Currie is incompetent. Great evaluation.

Racer is acting like there were no outside influences on this. Jealousy and hate are debilitating and terrible ways to go through life.

Racer is acting like there were no outside influences on this. Jealousy and hate are debilitating and terrible ways to go through life.

Someone of your connections should be able to hop on Skype and get us the details in these difficult times. It's so weird that you've had zero info since the time you made a guarantee of something that everyone in the basketball world was expecting anyway. It's almost like you didn't have a source at all. Surely you,of all people, wouldn't lie about something to make yourself seem important or connected?

That actually does sound like a good evaluation.

OK. I will agree that some of you agree that because Currie hasn't fired Manning he is incompetent. And I'll agree that your "evaluation" is totally baseless when it comes to the sum total of insider information you possess regarding the AD or Wake financials in general within the last eleven months.

All you know is Manning is still here. Am I right?

OK. I will agree that some of you agree that because Currie hasn't fired Manning he is incompetent. And I'll agree that your "evaluation" is totally baseless when it comes to the sum total of insider information you possess regarding the AD or Wake financials in general within the last eleven months.

All you know is Manning is still here. Am I right?
Next year when we are dead last in the ACC with another shitty recruiting class and players transferring out yet again, will it really mattered that Currie “tried” to fire Manning??

I want Manning gone every bit as much as all of you. I've enjoyed Wake Forest sports all of my life. I wasn't able to get into Wake Forest (grades....I had a gf that kept me from being focused...). I have brought my son down for the Wake Forest Fall Baseball Showcase. He wants to play baseball there which would be awesome and give me a good chance to move back home (I am NOT from Ohio).

100% Manning Out. I check these boards constantly for any signs of hope.

Congrats on the HS sex.

High NIT seed next year if Sarr comes back. If he’s gone then I see a season much like this past one.

Back