• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Yes if fball or bball arent played yea sure things will be exactly the same, Currie will be shitting money to pay Dannys buyout. If Currie cant fund the buyout now, what makes you think he can afford it with no fball or bball next season?? Currie will be hamstrung even more. think about that which is possible.

So yes its realistic Manning could be back next year and year 8, but sure its a very dumb post i made.

Shorty took a heel turn towards "elitist snob looking down on non-alums"

didn't see that one coming.

Yes if fball or bball arent played yea sure things will be exactly the same, Currie will be shitting money to pay Dannys buyout. If Currie cant fund the buyout now, what makes you think he can afford it with no fball or bball next season?? Currie will be hamstrung even more. think about that which is possible.

so to be clear, your recommendation is that he should go ahead and pull the trigger on this, thus locking himself into a potentially unsustainable spot immediately, rather than waiting a reasonable period of time and leaving his options open.....despite the fact that he gains nothing from pulling the trigger now other than shutting up online morons. Do I have that straight?

just saw that we picked up a grad transfer today ...that is interesting considering the restrictive travel and not being able to met face to face and so on that we hear as excuses for Currie not being able to hire a new coach. Manning must know how to use facetime or something.

one important lesson i have picked up over the last two weeks is that there are a lot of wake fans with absolutely no sense about how any kind of business works

I want Manning gone every bit as much as all of you. I've enjoyed Wake Forest sports all of my life. I wasn't able to get into Wake Forest (grades....I had a gf that kept me from being focused...). I have brought my son down for the Wake Forest Fall Baseball Showcase. He wants to play baseball there which would be awesome and give me a good chance to move back home (I am NOT from Ohio).

100% Manning Out. I check these boards constantly for any signs of hope.

Next year there might actually be a football season, a basketball season, an ACC tournament, etc. But right now, none of those things are guaranteed. Why would you want Wake Forest, your alma mater, to take on the financial obligation of a coach’s buyout who isn’t going to coach anyway?

We had a football season, a basketball season, and our usual 1-game ACC tournament this year. Yet he is still here. Try again. And fuck you, John Currie, happy Tuesday you useless bitch.

if manning stays, my interest in wake basketball will be the same whether the season happens or not.

We had a football season, a basketball season, and our usual 1-game ACC tournament this year. Yet he is still here. Try again. And fuck you, John Currie, happy Tuesday you useless bitch.

What happened last year is inconsequential at this juncture and you know that. My point is that next year's football season, basketball season, ACC Tournament, NCAA Tournament, and others I'm not thinking of, are all at risk. With AD revenues already down, why Wake would be foolish enough to take on the additional burden of Manning's buyout?

I'm sure even you realize at this point that Manning is going to be here next year. And right now, that's the sensible thing for the university to do.

I don't expect Manning to be fired at this point. No AD in a P6 conference is going to fire a HC right now and take on a buyout and a new contract when they have no idea what their revenue is going to be over the next 12 months. That is just financial negligence.

If there is no college football and/or college basketball this upcoming season, frankly no coaches are getting fired next year as no school is going to have the money to do it. AD's are going to be trying to figure out how to pay their coaches and fund their scholarships.

Mine, too. I've been to one game in eight years and that was only because a bunch of my fraternity brothers got together for the game and tailgate.

Haven't been to a bball game since the Chris Paul days, but season tickets in fb and part of hard-core tailgating crew. Just curious, as again haven't been to the Joel in years: is tailgating at our basketball games a "thing", or was that just a one-off for you and the bro's? If indeed there is a tailgate scene for basketball, does everybody just hang in the Joel lot, or can you grab some green space over at Groves and walk over?
(p.s. as much as I love to tailgate, not even Bobby Flay on the smoker and a full-service bar five feet from my vehicle would get me back to the Joel until the product on the floor and sideline is tolerable).

Haven't been to a bball game since the Chris Paul days, but season tickets in fb and part of hard-core tailgating crew. Just curious, as again haven't been to the Joel in years: is tailgating at our basketball games a "thing", or was that just a one-off for you and the bro's? If indeed there is a tailgate scene for basketball, does everybody just hang in the Joel lot, or can you grab some green space over at Groves and walk over?
(p.s. as much as I love to tailgate, not even Bobby Flay on the smoker and a full-service bar five feet from my vehicle would get me back to the Joel until the product on the floor and sideline is tolerable).

I think it was just a one off, but I don't go to games either so I couldn't really say. We got together off site and then drove over to the Joel.

Back