• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Keep moving those goal posts. And what is preventing us from being the first? Excuse-makers, enablers, and pussies, that is what we are. I guess the real question is when does it go from Fuck Ron Wellman and Fuck John Currie to Fuck Our Fanbase. We have to be almost there, we are becoming the primary cause of this shitshow.

The only person moving goalposts is you. No one gives a fuck if UCLA fires the water polo coach, or if Baylor fires their field hockey coach. You're moving the goalposts to fit your stupid narrative that Wake Forest is the only school being conservative about men's basketball hires right now.

To answer PH's question about coaches who were on the hot seat and have been announced back already - Shaka Smart, Jim Christian, and Dave Leitao. Other ACC coaches with no announcement but were considered in trouble - Josh Pastner, Brad Brownell.

Here is a better question...name 1 men's basketball coach from a P5 conference that has been fired. Answer... you can't.

The only person moving goalposts is you. No one gives a fuck if UCLA fires the water polo coach, or if Baylor fires their field hockey coach. You're moving the goalposts to fit your stupid narrative that Wake Forest is the only school being conservative about men's basketball hires right now.

To answer PH's question about coaches who were on the hot seat and have been announced back already - Shaka Smart, Jim Christian, and Dave Leitao. Other ACC coaches with no announcement but were considered in trouble - Josh Pastner, Brad Brownell.

Here is a better question...name 1 men's basketball coach from a P5 conference that has been fired. Answer... you can't.

Brownell got an announcement on the day everything was postponed.

This confirms what others have said; he's trolling and just trying to get a reaction (mission accomplished). Just as he'd never have the balls to say this to an Asian, in spite of his claims to the contrary he's not had the balls to email or otherwise contact Currie using his own name.
So now count me among the 2&2 skidoo crowd.

Yes, it is trolling to expect our Athletic Director, after 11 months on the job, to have fired arguably the worst coach in major college basketball history. You cracked the case, Sherlock.

I sent you my personal email address via PM. I asked you to forward me the email you claimed to have sent to Currie emphasizing how incompetent you think he is. Just forward me one of those emails. I will not share it with anyone. You'll go from wacko internet tough guy to concerned, but rational, WFU alum.

Pastner was never in trouble this year. His contract is 100% guaranteed through the previous season. That changes with this upcoming year. Also, until they hear on their appeal from the NCAA I doubt they would have made a move anyways.

name one that deserves to be fired more than DFL

netflix, etc if you all were right, Currie would have made a final decision by now. Obviously, he's waiting for something.

it may be a reach, but it does show that there is an athletic director out there trying to make his school have a better team by hiring a new coach and there are coaches out there willing to make a move, even in this environment.
The same Athletic Director that kept Shaka Smart a week ago citing Coronavirus ' impact on college athletics and the lack of funds to make any changes?

FYI if you are listening to Manning on the radio now...he has basically said Currie did not give him any assurances he would be head coach next year and their talks are still ongoing.

Bottom line, Currie wants to get rid of Manning and Covid-19 has disrupted that process. Manning wants to get paid, and he won't leave unless they give him every penny. Money was already tight, and world conditions have made it worse.

FYI if you are listening to Manning on the radio now...he has basically said Currie did not give him any assurances he would be head coach next year and their talks are still ongoing.

Yes, I heard the same thing. He seemed a little nervous and hesitant trying to answer the question. That to me is encouraging. Like they haven't officially had the exit interview yet. Hope a change is still coming!

Also clear that Manning does not give a fuck about Wake Forest fans or Wake Forest itself. This is purely a job with a paycheck for him.

DM is the only man in america pulling for coronavirus to get worse.

Back