• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

At this point i dont think Wake fans care anymore about Wake bball, ive talked to many who have checked out.

So true, how many years can we keep hoping for something better. I'm probably a little more vocal than the fans I know but we all want the same thing...

well clearly it was supposed to be Monday after the ACCT but that was canceled and we all gotta stay at home now, and everyone knows this meeting must be in-person.

Stay home orders were issued a week after the ACCT if I recall correctly.

You people and your continuous excuses are as sad as our on-court performance. 11 months, and Manning is still here. That's all that need sot be said. Fuck you, John Currie, you empty suit and waste of a chair.

FUCK YOU, JOHN CURRIE

Dude, I sent you my personal email address. Still waiting to hear from you. Come on, enlighten me.

I was kidding, man. I don’t know any more than anybody else and I’m not in the business of emailing AD administrators.

My point was simply that Wake should stop always asking for money. I agree the fund is well intentioned, of course. What would be nice at this time would be an email indicating that in this unprecedented pandemic Wake Forest will not be asking for any money as we know how difficult this is on everyone to varying degrees. We have been touched by the many inquiries about how employees and students are being affected, and, rest assured, through the many years of generosity from our alumni and friends, Wake Forest is well positioned to meet the challenge. We will be taking care of our students, our employees, our contractors etc.

The fact that our basketball coach is paid $3 Million per year is simply an example of poor stewardship despite incredibly generosity from alumni etc. I honestly do not care what happens to our basketball coach at this point. And won’t until this crisis is over.

Credit where credit is due. Barry Faircloth’s email today was the way to handle things.

I'd fire Manning and not hire a replacement at this point. If there is a season, let rest of staff coach them. You are laying out the same money. Probably could cut some salaries. Replace Manning next spring if things are back.

It’s not the same money. Nobody is going to take assistant money to be the head coach.

I'd fire Manning and not hire a replacement at this point. If there is a season, let rest of staff coach them. You are laying out the same money. Probably could cut some salaries. Replace Manning next spring if things are back.

I agree and have suggested this as well. Entirely reasonable to bump up pay a little and give some financial incentives for Childress (or someone else) to take over as interim HC. Also a great way for Childress to audition for other coaching positions that may open up elsewhere. Firing Manning and naming an interim would inject some energy in the fan base and would be accepted as entirely understandable with the current COVID-19, economic climate.

I agree with this. Fire Manning now. Don’t hire a replacement until it’s clear we are actually having a season. Name some one the interim head and pay them a fraction of a real HC salary. If it is clear we are having a drain as of August, hire Forbes then. No one else is hiring or firing right now so there is no need to rush to hire some one new, just get Manning the fuck out of here.

I agree with this. Fire Manning now. Don’t hire a replacement until it’s clear we are actually having a season. Name some one the interim head and pay them a fraction of a real HC salary. If it is clear we are having a drain as of August, hire Forbes then. No one else is hiring or firing right now so there is no need to rush to hire some one new, just get Manning the fuck out of here.

I like the idea of firing Manning now and not hiring a replacement. That still leaves us with his buyout. Even the money we'd save by not paying a new head coach for a year would not cover the eight figures we'd owe him.

Yes it is a decent strategy and should have happened 11 months ago. Fuck you Currie, you goddamn slacker!

Back