• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

At this point i dont think Wake fans care anymore about Wake bball, ive talked to many who have checked out.

The same Athletic Director that kept Shaka Smart a week ago citing Coronavirus ' impact on college athletics and the lack of funds to make any changes?
What the Texas AD said about Shaka Smart is obviously bullshit considering he went out and took a highly successful coach away from Miss St. a week later.

What the Texas AD said about Shaka Smart is obviously bullshit considering he went out and took a highly successful coach away from Miss St. a week later.

How does spending ZERO dollars to get rid of a coach disagree with CDC's statement about lacking funds to make a change?

Yes, I heard the same thing. He seemed a little nervous and hesitant trying to answer the question. That to me is encouraging. Like they haven't officially had the exit interview yet. Hope a change is still coming!

well clearly it was supposed to be Monday after the ACCT but that was canceled and we all gotta stay at home now, and everyone knows this meeting must be in-person.

Rolls eyes.
Netflix answered this. It cost them nothing financially to make this change. Only a much cheaper contract for a new coach. Besides, the Miss State guy is from Texas... the appeal of going home in these uncertain times was likely a huge factor in this hire.

Stop being so thick headed.

The easy thing for the Texas AD to do is say “well we don’t think it’s appropriate to make a change during these uncertain times and keep the current coach on a one year contract- he could probably even get her to take a pay cut . Instead , he went to possibly the best women’s conference in the country and took one of the top coaches from one of the top teams (Dawn Staley and the gamecocks are number 1 but that’s a different topic) and persuaded that guy to change jobs in the middle of a pandemic. Who the fuck cares if that coach is from Texas- he doesn’t live in Texas right now and is going to have to move his family in “ these uncertain times”. Some of you guys are just so full of excuses for our leaders who clearly lack the balls to make a big move. I don’t understand y’all . But this mentality is pervasive and is one of the reasons why we suck and have no signs of even getting slightly better.

Also, instead of just taking ya'lls word on it, I turned on the google machine and found out that previous Texas women's basketball coach Karen Alston made $515,000 this past year and her contract is set to expire in August.
https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-...etball-coach-karen-aston-after-eight-seasons/

Vic Shaefer's contract at Texas has not yet been released but last season at Miss. St. he made $1.58 million with a raise and a 375,000 bonus if he was still at Miss St in June of 2021. Additionally, he has a buyout of 1.25 million that he (or his new employer ) is required to pay for leaving Starkville.
https://247sports.com/college/missi...-going-to-Texas-womens-basketball--145736819/

So ya'll are telling me that Vic Shafer is taking a million dollar paycut to come coach at Texas?? C'mon on. Texas is obviously going to pay the guy more than the 515,000 that the previous coach made and there is the 1.25 mill buyout that someone has to pay. But keep telling yourself that this cost Texas nothing financially. Sheeeeeeettt, it sounds like Texas is actually paying for two coaches for the next 4 months.

here's more: I literally just googled "Vic Shaefer salary at Texas" and found this little nugget.

"The numbers haven’t been released yet, but the new salary is expected to top his previous salary in Starkville."

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...exas-hires-mississippi-state-hc-vic-schaefer/

Last edited:
Also, instead of just taking ya'lls word on it, I turned on the google machine and found out that previous Texas women's basketball coach Karen Alston made $515,000 this past year and her contract is set to expire in August.
https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-...etball-coach-karen-aston-after-eight-seasons/

$515k was base pay, she made $745K: https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-...schaefer-to-coach-its-womens-basketball-team/

I guess your google skills need work. Assuming even a small raise, she was going to clear $750k next season if her contract was renewed. But as carpet points out, who gives a fuck? The numbers are far below what a men's basketball coach makes, and have no correlation to a school with a $15 million dollar buyout. To put in another way, Danny Manning's buyout could pay for 7 Texas Women's Basketball coaches. So really, fuck off with this nonsense.

Who do the Lady Longhorns have coming back ?

Incoming Lady Longhorns coach Vic Schaefer will have a great deal of young talent to work with next season. The Lady Horns were a very young team this past season and we’re poised to play West Virginia as the six seed in the Big 12 tournament. Of course the biggest loss will be that of leading scorer 5’9” guard Lashann Higgs, a Youth and Communites Studies Major from Round Rock.

But with the return of Texas natives 6’3” forward Joyner Holmes along with 6’5” center Charli Collier, the Horns should be poised to make a strong run in the Big 12.

$515k was base pay, she made $745K: https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-...schaefer-to-coach-its-womens-basketball-team/

I guess your google skills need work. Assuming even a small raise, she was going to clear $750k next season if her contract was renewed. But as carpet points out, who gives a fuck? The numbers are far below what a men's basketball coach makes, and have no correlation to a school with a $15 million dollar buyout. To put in another way, Danny Manning's buyout could pay for 7 Texas Women's Basketball coaches. So really, fuck off with this nonsense.

hah, you guys can't even see what is in front of your own eyes...there is an AD out there who made a big move to improve one of his teams, during the middle of the corona virus mess and it will increase his budget by a million dollars at a time when people claim no one has any money to spend. This is exactly the drum that some of us have been beating, some schools out there are going to make bold moves and some schools are going to be followers. This was women's basketball , not top of the totem pole of college athletics, but certainly one of the bigger sports out there after football and men's basketballl . Its just a matter of time before a men's team makes a big move. I'm hoping it will be Wake Forest, but I see no signs that it will be and lots of signs that Wake is going to continue to suck ass at basketball.

And again, there is an Elite Eight women’s coach just hanging out right now and we could have a spot available. I’m really hoping Hoover doesn’t have some massive buyout but who knows?

Back