• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Thanks Babydeac.

I think we can all agree it's time to show RJ some much deserved respect and, most importantly, give the man a green handle.

My dad and RJ went to Wake at the same time (didn’t know each other). We figured this out about a year ago when I was putting together a birthday gift him and was hoping RJ may have access to photos from the early 70’s at Wake. I have never met RJ nor would I lie for him.

I will say is that RJ was nothing but kind and went out of his way to help me out.

Not surprising that RJ was nothing but kind to you. He's a good dude with some funny stories and a great perspective on decades(literally) of Wake sports.

Can RJ be a contrarian? Sure. But can't we all? It's what makes these boards entertaining.

Thanks Babydeac.

I think we can all agree it's time to show RJ some much deserved respect and, most importantly, give the man a green handle.

I'm not sure that can happen with all the people who have to get perma-banned as they promised to do if BabyDeac directly confirmed my assertions.

Are you holding your breath like I am?

So was RJ informed by someone with direct knowledge, or was it second hand info (RJ was told by someone who was told by someone)? Based on RJ’s earlier post that he didn’t have direct communication with the “tier one source” and based on babydeac’s post, it sounds like RJ got secondhand information.

rj for head mod! he wont create alternative handles to act like a jackass on the internet and read pms not for him.

Seriously, if nothing else, RJ deserves some verbal respect from the naysayers....Will he get it?? NAH !

Seriously, if nothing else, RJ deserves some verbal respect from the naysayers....Will he get it?? NAH !

Got pretty quiet in here! The classless usual suspects cower behind their cheese beards like usual!

#makerjgreen

rj for head mod! he wont create alternative handles to act like a jackass on the internet and read pms not for him.

A buddy of mine was begged to be the president of the LA Musicians Union. His response was, "Fuck no. I'm done raising kids."

Although I don't have kids, I will demur saying I never wanted to run a a daycare center.

But thanks for the offer. :)

But we still dont know the #s? we never will and neither will RJ...so still not much of an insider...

congrats RJ, you proved me and a bunch of us wrong. but how this all unfolded is yours, and only your fault. you could have resolved this and actually garnered some respect...but im sure i am not the only reader on these boards that think at some point in your recent future you cut your penis off to replace with a vagina...you are too kuvh of a pussy.

A real man would have ended this debate, with ease, two evening's ago. but i get it. enjoy your time with your internet friends. this whole ordeal only made you look like q biggwr douche than I originally thought you were.

Seriously, you should connect with DR if you haven't. two wgo centric aholes like yourself might have something spwcial together!

I have been able to confirm that RJ was indeed told that a reliable source with knowledge of the contract and the negotiations said the buyout info was inaccurate and fabricated. RJ accurately and truthfully relayed this information. To that extent, he is exactly right.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I had sources whom I trust inform me that the buyout was the obstacle and that DM continued to refuse to negotiate a lower amount. The decision was made to terminate DM “for cause“ and not pay any buyout. The strategy was that we could hire a new HC and DM could then opt to seek legal recourse, resulting in more fruitful (and confidential) pretrial negotiations once he realized stonewalling wouldn’t keep his job and paycheck.

Ultimately, none of us were on those calls and we can only trust what we were told by reliable contacts. RJ accurately relayed the information that he was given by a very credible source.

IMO this whole situation has become overblown and somewhat nasty. Disagreements are fine. Personal attacks are not. The bottom line is DM is gone, we have a great new MBB HC for the first time in over a decade, and Demon Deacon basketball is on the upswing. Deacon fans all want the same thing. I just wish we could find it in our hearts to show a little more compassion to each other and and strive to be the first to end an argument, not the one to perpetuate it. Let’s put this puppy to bed. Be safe friends!

Was the conversation direct? Was there any info contained showing that the buyout was significantly less?

If the answer to both is "Yes," I'll happily take the IP ban.

Back