• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Almost punched a guy last night

Jeff Fatt

Reaction score
I stopped at the grocery store after work and tend to park toward the back of the parking lot since I don't like getting my car dinged and don't mind walking a few extra steps. As I'm getting out of the car this guy is walking up to me with his hand extended saying "how are you doing today?". I don't shake his hand and say "what can I do for you?". He extends his hand further and says again "how's it going?". I say "I don't know you and I'm not shaking your hand. What do you want?". I know full well what the guy wants. Then the attitude starts.

I finally say "I don't have time for this" and turn and start to walk away. He then says "you fucking faggot".

I spun around in a somewhat aggressive manner and slowly walked up to him saying "what was that?". It goes downhill from there with him saying things like "what do you think I've got a gun?" and "if you throw a punch you'll never throw another punch again".

Now I'm probably 10-15 years younger than this guy and a good amount bigger. At this point I'm literally debating drilling the guy and scenarios are going through my head ranging from me killing the guy, to him kicking my ass or shooting me, to getting aids blood on me, and the guy finally walks away. I stood there for a few minutes to make sure he didn't mess with my car and then got my groceries.

It pissed me off so much while I was shopping that I decided when I came back out I was going to see if he was still out there and confront him again and give him the opportunity to apologize or I was going to hit him. He wasn't there so I called 911. As I am pulling out of the parking lot I see him in the parking lot of the next store harassing someone else so I called 911 again and told them where he was. I saw 2 cop cars moments later. Not sure what happened next.

What would you have done? I've been struggling with whether I did the right thing because I didn't stop him from this behavior. What if it had been my wife or mother or daughter instead of me? What would the guy have done if he was this confrontational with a bigger, younger guy? I pisses me off that people are like this and really wanted the satisfaction of teaching this asshole a lesson but I didn't.

I've found saying "I'm not talking to you" with the right tone in my voice comes across so bitchy to people begging that it gives me enough time to briskly walk away.

I stopped at the grocery store after work and tend to park toward the back of the parking lot since I don't like getting my car dinged and don't mind walking a few extra steps. As I'm getting out of the car this guy is walking up to me with his hand extended saying "how are you doing today?". I don't shake his hand and say "what can I do for you?". He extends his hand further and says again "how's it going?". I say "I don't know you and I'm not shaking your hand. What do you want?". I know full well what the guy wants. Then the attitude starts.

Maybe I'm being #dense, but I don't know what the guy wanted. A handout? Was he soliciting something?

Maybe I'm being #dense, but I don't know what the guy wanted. A handout? Was he soliciting something?

Yes its a fairly common game in this area where they go through the parking lot at the grocery store with their story of car broken down, or whatever needing money.

Same game here in the western states.

If a scenario ran through your head that involved you killing a guy who was just hustling for money, you need to get some help

why did you spin around and confront him if you knew he just wanted a handout?

If a scenario ran through your head that involved you killing a guy who was just hustling for money, you need to get some help

Fair enough but to clarify that thought was since the guy was older and smaller I could have potentially hit him hard enough to do some damage or if he fell the wrong way. I'm not a little guy.

Let's see:
Are there any potential negative consequences with ending a business email telling someone to "fuck off"? There is reasonable chance this will end up in a lawsuit at some point, so other than maybe looking like a hothead, any reason not to blast someone?

Thanks in advance.

How does one go about determining whether the amount being offered by the insurance company for a totaled car is fair? Is there a standard that is used like trade in or private party value using Kelly blue book or something similar? I'm anticipating that they are going to try to screw me so I'd like to be prepared to counter what they offer if their number is low.

Has anyone ever appealed their property tax assessment? I appealed mine and it was denied. Tomorrow is the hearing. I'm curious to know what to expect from anyone who has done this. I had an appraisal done in Nov, 2011 that came in about $55k less than the county appraised value (Fulton County, GA). I really don't see how a board that has never seen my house or been inside it can say that it's assessment of value is more accurate than a professional appraisal who walked through the house, the lot, compared comps in the neighborhood etc. I get the feeling this is a blanket denial system but I intend to fight this as I don't see how they can justify their number. Any suggestions? If I'm going to waste my day tomorrow I'd like to be successul in the appeal or if that isn't going to happen, at least have some fun with this.

I'm talking about the kind you see the old guy at the beach with. Does anyone know where you can rent these? I believe some guns were dumped on my property following a police chase (yes I live in a nice area) and would like to find the guns before a neighborhood kid does. I found a speed loader for a revolver and a clip for a semi automatic both loaded with hollow point bullets on Sat while working in the yard, and would like to get rid of anything else that may have been dumped on my property. The police were no help.

Maybe Jeff is just sick of doling out cash?

Yes its a fairly common game in this area where they go through the parking lot at the grocery store with their story of car broken down, or whatever needing money.

Ahh ok. The few times that has happened to me, I just ignore the person.

I just avoid making eye contact and mumble "No Thanks" when ever I see a homeless bro approaching that I want to avoid. Pretty much always works.

Back