• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alumnus Mit Shah donates $5mil to Wake Forest Basketball

Click the link. The new basketball facility will be called the Shah Basketball Complex.

Why when it's so much easier for you guys to tell me???:thumbsup: Seriously, many thanks to him for stepping up like that.

That's fucking awesome. They should call it the Mit Complex though, better ring to it.

It should be noted that in addition to being really cool, it's also kinduv a kick in the balls.

I thought I was doing ok in life, but an old classmate just donated $5M to Wake bball and is getting buildings named after him and I'm not sure I remembered to put on deodorant today.

Click the link. The new basketball facility will be called the Shah Basketball Complex.

Thanks for the donation, but at this point I'd be happier if he just greased the $5 mil to some recruits, Baylor-style, or for a coach who knows what he is doing, to actually get us some wins. But I'm sure this will look nice in the next TV spot, so there's that.

Thanks for the donation, but at this point I'd be happier if he just greased the $5 mil to some recruits, Baylor-style, or for a coach who knows what he is doing, to actually get us some wins. But I'm sure this will look nice in the next TV spot, so there's that.

#mff

His continued support of Bzz helped make us this way, so he isn't above #mff criticism. Had he told Ron that his forthcoming $7.5 mil was tied to BuzzOut after year 1 or 2, we might not still be wallowing in this shithole.

Great news. Glad to take some money out of the ATL too. #incline

Really thought he'd be less of an influence when he bought into the Hawks, glad he is putting some money into the Hoops program. Didn't know about the on staff dietitian + nutrition center, that's important.

Now, let's get these dudes to pony up for a Basketball only superdorm like Kentucky.

Got Hess fired and donates $5M towards the new facility.

A Deacon hero

That would buy lots and lots of Louisville style recruiting parties

cover.jpg

Bob McCreary, Ben Sutton, David Couch, Mit Shah, WF has had a good run of loyal/successful alumni stepping up and supporting WF athletic department with massive donations. Pretty amazing considering our alumni base is a fraction of every other school that WF competes against.

I think the donation is great.

First thing that strikes me is that there is plenty of money for facilities but no money to compensate players? Riiiight. :thumbsup:

The second thing is this further solidifies Wellman's position (not that it needed any help). Us poors can rail against him and Hatch on a message board, but donations like this and McCreary's mean Wellman isn't going anywhere any time. His corpse may continue collecting a paycheck as we outsource coaching hires.

That would buy lots and lots of Louisville style recruiting parties

And the post-party abortions?

E: That was Miami, wasn't it? So easy to get these things mixed up.

It should be noted that in addition to being really cool, it's also kinduv a kick in the balls.

I thought I was doing ok in life, but an old classmate just donated $5M to Wake bball and is getting buildings named after him and I'm not sure I remembered to put on deodorant today.

Cmon man. You're doing well. You are the envy of gamers all over the world. That's worth something.

I think the donation is great.

First thing that strikes me is that there is plenty of money for facilities but no money to compensate players? Riiiight. :thumbsup:

The second thing is this further solidifies Wellman's position (not that it needed any help). Us poors can rail against him and Hatch on a message board, but donations like this and McCreary's mean Wellman isn't going anywhere any time. His corpse may continue collecting a paycheck as we outsource coaching hires.

Yep. The facilities are gorgeous and I assume overdue even though it seems like the current facilities aren't that old. Hopefully this Shah facility is more sustainable.

Sadly, people wouldn't donate to pay players. $5 million would be able to pay stipend to men's and women's basketball players for longer than this center will be active without renovations. And that's not even the total costs.

Back