• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race

Watched it on CBS online tonight...so far I like the snowboarders and Amani/Marcus. Kinda wish the old ppl had gotten cut but it doesn't look like they are going to make it very far anyway.

Watched it on CBS online tonight...so far I like the snowboarders and Amani/Marcus. Kinda wish the old ppl had gotten cut but it doesn't look like they are going to make it very far anyway.

Every year there is a token old couple, and 99% of the time the bust out within the first couple of legs. So annoying.

Every year there is a token old couple, and 99% of the time the bust out within the first couple of legs. So annoying.

there was an article in the paper here (oregon) about them... they definitely claimed that when CBS contacted them to be on the show it was to fill the 'older couple' role. Their combined age is 125, which is more than twice the combined age of any other couple (apparently). They also said they were going to watch the first episode together at home, rather than with a large group... now I can understand why. That was embarrassing.

There was also an article in the paper here (Orange County) about the local team the flight attendant couple. They said that they had a friend who told them that the AR was looking for a gay flight attendant couple.

“In January of this year, we got a Facebook message from a friend,” Zeitz says. “But it sounded kind of like spam: Have you guys ever thought about being on ‘The Amazing Race’?

“And then the next day, we got a follow-up from a friend, saying they were looking for a gay couple, flight attendants, who might want to be on the race.”

I know it is what lots of reality shows do but it seems lame to me that they look to fill such prescribed roles. Do you feel good about yourself if you are obviously the role of dumb slutty chicks? Or maybe they are too dumb to figure it out.

Its a chance to travel around the world, be on a great tv show, and a shot at a million bucks...I think I could live with being the "dumb slutty chicks" for that.

Why do some people always overthink things on TAR? Those old folks just killed themselves so early on.

I would LOVE to be on TAR and actually think J and I would do pretty well.

Interesting episode tonight for me since Indonesia was my most recent trip. The trip between the airpot and the Gambir train station is about a 30 minutes taxi ride, but they made it seem as if it was part of the airport. Good episode, thought the small print at the orphanage was kind of a sneaky move, the race is sometimes in the details, guarantee everything will be read by all the teams form now on.

Pretty good episode tonight, I liked that tricky sign because I think the race should be more about mental/paying attention than some of the super physical tasks. Glad to see the snowboarders do well, the brother sister team is so annoying and the asian chick was annoying tonight too.

The same reason that people overlook the fairly large sign sitting right in front of them on the table.

I was very surprised that the __________ were one of the ________ teams to actually stop and read the _____________.

And I laughed out loud at the _______________ being _______________.

Last edited:
damn. wish i'd watched before reading the last 3 posts, but now at least i know what to expect and hopefully it will be a good show to get to that point...

damn. wish i'd watched before reading the last 3 posts, but now at least i know what to expect and hopefully it will be a good show to get to that point...

I'm the guilty party, and I apologize. I need to figure out how to use the spoiler thing. And if its any consolation, it was pretty obvious halfway through the episode that the ______________ couple was toast.

Last edited:
Any thoughts from last night? That temple roadblock was interesting. And I can already tell that Cindy is not going to wear well.

The snowboarders are my new favorite team. They pay attention to the details.

Any thoughts from last night? That temple roadblock was interesting. And I can already tell that Cindy is not going to wear well.

Yeah I have to agree with this. It was lucky that Amani & Marcus let their taxi go.

I agree 100%. I like the snowboarders and Marcus & wife. I think Cindy is adorable but she has an extremely low tolerance for frustration.

That temple roadblock was intentionally confusing - there were Buddah statutes, Buddah relief carvings, Buddah drawings, etc. I'm surprised that the first 2 teams "got" it immediately and the rest of the teams were just stumped forever.

The snowboarders remind me of the hippies a bit. Goofy and fun-loving and seem to enjoy the journey, but are also good competitors, fairly athletic, and pay attention to details.

Seriously, the ability to pay attention to details and read the clues will get you pretty far on TAR.

I haven't gotten too attached to any of the teams yet. I would've been fine with either of the last two teams going home last night.

Back