• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race

rachel is definitely faking. her fake crying is terrible and the whole scene at the salami stand was miserable
B: "you said i'm your best friend right?"
R: "yeah (fake whimper)"
B: "and what do best friends do when they fight?"
R: "work it out"

no one talks like that past the age of 6.

also i wanted to like the Army couple but if he continues to be a jackass it'll be hard to root for them. the jersey boys are growing on me. i was expected the special agents to be like Nat and Kat but haven't lived up yet. love kentucky and glad they are still in it

I don't really care for Brendan and Rachel, but that other girl (Vanessa?) that keeps being super bitchy and snarky to/about Rachel almost makes me root for them (them = Brendan and Rachel). I don't want them to win or anything, but I kind of want them to outlast that dating divorcees team. Obviously Rachel is easy to make fun of, but the other girl just seems mean.

Agree that Kentucky is growing on me. Not my favorites, but they seem like they are genuinely having a good time, they don't fight, and they keep positive attitudes.

And agreed about the Army couple. They seemed good the first couple legs but the guy is being a real dick recently.

so many groups that i dislike this time around...need to start cutting the list down and start with Brendan and Rachel

I would like to thank (sarcastic) Twitter for revealing two of the pairs in the finals and the finish location. Won't put it here in spoilers since some mobile platforms automatically show the spoilers but if you want to know, it's pretty much out there on the webs with a simple search.

Not a huge fan of any of the teams thus far. The DEA agents are ok. I hate army couple. Mehhh.

When captainawesome and I are on the show we'll take the world by storm.

hell yeah we will. maybe we should go ahead and starting making our video so we are prepared for the next application round

I don't really care for Brendan and Rachel, but that other girl (Vanessa?) that keeps being super bitchy and snarky to/about Rachel almost makes me root for them (them = Brendan and Rachel). I don't want them to win or anything, but I kind of want them to outlast that dating divorcees team. Obviously Rachel is easy to make fun of, but the other girl just seems mean.

Agree that Kentucky is growing on me. Not my favorites, but they seem like they are genuinely having a good time, they don't fight, and they keep positive attitudes.

And agreed about the Army couple. They seemed good the first couple legs but the guy is being a real dick recently.

I don't know... my wife and I constantly rip on Brendan and Rachel while we are watching it... I'd probably have a hard time not doing it if I were actually there... and I'm not normally the type of person to do that. They are just so horrible. I actually like the divorcees... the guy has a pretty good sense of humor and they generally seem to have a strong relationship and respect for each other. Even during the watermelon challenge where the guy was clearly getting frustrated, he handled it well and they didn't really have a huge explosion like teams normally would.

Kentucky guys are growing on me. The guy at the statue challenge asking if they were engaged was a great moment. I like the border guards, but I think their (lack of) endurance will eventually hurt them. There just hasn't been enough camera time for the federal agents to really get a good feel for their personality. I think it is funny that they are still pretending to be Kindergarten teachers.

hell yeah we will. maybe we should go ahead and starting making our video so we are prepared for the next application round

That would probably be a good call.

I just watched last week's ep online...yay for Mark and Bopper not going home!

Great episode last night, but Rachel was in annoying overdrive and getting called out for it. The first set of challenges were ridiculously easy ... jump up and down for 60 seconds? Riding the bicycle to and from there was harder than the challenge itself.

Great episode last night, but Rachel was in annoying overdrive and getting called out for it. The first set of challenges were ridiculously easy ... jump up and down for 60 seconds? Riding the bicycle to and from there was harder than the challenge itself.
I couldn't figure out why any of the groups sat there and continued to throw at the targets when the other groups would run into the dancing one then run out shortly after. I'd have dropped the target one immediately after that.

I couldn't figure out why any of the groups sat there and continued to throw at the targets when the other groups would run into the dancing one then run out shortly after. I'd have dropped the target one immediately after that.

yeah i thought about this too, but most of them had already had one person hit the target so they probably figured it wouldn't take the second person that much longer.

outside of Kentucky, i really don't like any of these teams. the border patrol guys are too egotistical, big brother is just annoying, the dating divorcees have that girl who won't stop bitching, the army couple has that guy who won't stop bitching, and the agents have to be the worst agents ever, no wonder they were allowed to take 2ish months off work

Yeahhhh I'm not crazy about any of these people either. I'm ready for this season to be over.

Originally I thought they had done a better job casting this season, but now I agree with the above, the Kentucky guys are the only likable people left. Seems a foregone conclusion that either the border patrol agents or the soldier/wife team wins....no one else has even sniffed winning a leg yet.

Originally I thought they had done a better job casting this season, but now I agree with the above, the Kentucky guys are the only likable people left. Seems a foregone conclusion that either the border patrol agents or the soldier/wife team wins....no one else has even sniffed winning a leg yet.

Yep, pretty much this unfortunately. There is something I don't like about every team except for Kentucky. I'll watch to the end, but hopefully they make it far. The Border Patrol guys are just getting douchey/arrogant, Brendan and Rachel are horrible, I don't mind Ralph but Vanessa is a bitch, the army dude is a dick to his wife, and the "teachers"/special agents seem nice enough, but just aren't that good.

I kinda want to see a battle of the winners sometime, where they win a million but at least half has to go to charity. Or even a celebrity amazing race. Or at least, I hope they stop trying to get all these different stereotypes without regard to how they integrate into the race. I'm fine with stupid clowns or goths as long as they have something mildly interesting to add to the race. So evaluate for uniqueness if you wish but at least make sure they have a somewhat appealing appearance and/or personality. Bad teams with a stupid shtick are wastes of space in a season.

i generally like to think the producers pre-plan the non-elimination legs, but there is no way that was pre planned. they just had one 2 legs ago. either way, happy Kentucky is still in it. despite them probably not having much of a chance to win it all they are definitely the only team really worth pulling for at this point. i love it every time booper calls mark his "buddy"

I think Amazing Race is WITHOUT A DOUBT the best show on TV. That being said, I don't think I can watch anymore this season. I just can't stand Rachel and her dumb ass boyfriend. One thing I have always liked about Amazing Race is that it is not trashy train wreck reality TV. Unfortunately with that dumb c&^! (yeah...I said it!) it has turned into train wreck TV. She makes my blood pressure go through the roof.

I think Amazing Race is WITHOUT A DOUBT the best show on TV. That being said, I don't think I can watch anymore this season. I just can't stand Rachel and her dumb ass boyfriend. One thing I have always liked about Amazing Race is that it is not trashy train wreck reality TV. Unfortunately with that dumb c&^! (yeah...I said it!) it has turned into train wreck TV. She makes my blood pressure go through the roof.

And has there been an episode yet were she hasn't started to cry??? Every week me and my wife try to predict what she'll cry about this week, it's really getting on my nerves.

And I agree with Captain, no way that was planned, they just wanted to keep the two of them in there and give them one more shot. Give the viewers someone to pull for down the stretch.

I don't get all the hate for the Border Patrol Agents, because they manifest everything that the audience is thinking. They gave a portion of their winnings to the Kentucky boys, which any of us would have done. They called out Rachel and her made-for-TV "boyfriend" for causing drama. They called out Nary and Hairy for lying about their careers. They may be in-your-face about it, but in the urgency of competition sometimes tact takes a backseat.

That being said, I'd still rather see the Kentucky boys win.

Back