• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazon Prime Music

The phone might be pretty compelling if you're a Prime subscriber. They've built a a pretty end to end experience with shopping, music, video, reading, etc. If they really grow those services, it could really be competitive with Apple.

Interesting. I use Google Music (and really like it; I pay the promo/intro rate of $7.99/month), but if I can get the video, music, and 2-day shipping from Prime for nearly the same annual price, might be time to switch.

I have the same Google Music subscription, and am a Prime member. The one thing I can do with Google Music though is choose any song or CD and click "add to my collection" and download if I want it offline.

I have the same Google Music subscription, and am a Prime member. The one thing I can do with Google Music though is choose any song or CD and click "add to my collection" and download if I want it offline.

Um, isn't this the premise of Prime Music?

Any mention of a Prime Music app for Android? Not getting my hopes up since we still don't have a Prime video app

Listening this morning. It's odd how they choose what's there and what isn't. You'd think if it's AutoRip, it would be there. Instead, you have some bands with 2 albums there and 2 albums not.

Any mention of a Prime Music app for Android? Not getting my hopes up since we still don't have a Prime video app

i used it from the adroid amazon music app. i don't think you can listen off line though. i only looked for a few minutes but could not do it. they just added the ability to download tv shows to watch offline so music should work at some point. with the offline tv you have to log in every few days (i assume to confirm your subscription) or you lose the content.

Listening this morning. It's odd how they choose what's there and what isn't. You'd think if it's AutoRip, it would be there. Instead, you have some bands with 2 albums there and 2 albums not.

There are certain labels they made deals with and some not. That might be a part of it.

I found several albums where some songs would work but did not have permission for others.

I didn't realize you could actually walk away with an MP3. Assumed it was tied to their music client. Maybe it's worth dropping Google then.

I'd say give it just a little time, since it doesn't seem like they've filled out their catalog just yet. There's just enough on there to get you interested, not enough to replace the more established players (yet).

Just downloaded the app. Awesome new benefit for a service I would continue to buy for the shipping and video anyway.

Just downloaded the app. Awesome new benefit for a service I would continue to buy for the shipping and video anyway.

Samesies. Playing around with it now. Mostly got a bunch of kids stuff since, as noted above, didn't really want to buy most of it. Have been listening to Pandora, but commercial free is much better.

Slightly disappointed in the Jazz/Classical offerings.

I got on and downloaded about 400 songs this weekend. Its a decent selection. I wouldn't pay for it by itself, but as a throw-in with the video services and shipping, I will use it.

Back