• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazon Prime Music

I see the Prime membership includes access to 500,000 ebooks. I spend a lot of money on e-books that I read on my tablet via Kindle app, but I don't actually own a Kindle. The Amazon website makes it seem like I have to actually own a Kindle to take advantage of the free Prime books. Can anyone confirm/deny? If I can use my existing tablet and Kindle app, the e-books would go a long way toward justifying Prime.

I see the Prime membership includes access to 500,000 ebooks. I spend a lot of money on e-books that I read on my tablet via Kindle app, but I don't actually own a Kindle. The Amazon website makes it seem like I have to actually own a Kindle to take advantage of the free Prime books. Can anyone confirm/deny? If I can use my existing tablet and Kindle app, the e-books would go a long way toward justifying Prime.

Can't comment exactly on your question (could check it when I get home on my wife's ipad), but one thing I don't know if is clear is that the "borrowing" library Amazon has limits the frequency with which you can access those books (I think basically one per month). So it's not a situation where you can read one book in a week and then start the next one, you'd have to wait a few weeks before you can "borrow" another.

I have not been able to get the Prime borrowing library to work on the iPad with the Kindle app. It seems you need an actual Kindle device.

I have not been able to get the Prime borrowing library to work on the iPad with the Kindle app. It seems you need an actual Kindle device.

I think the app is missing the functionality, but if you login from your laptop and borrow a book it should show up in your library on the ipad. At least that's the way it works with renting videos, etc on the XBox Amazon App.

You're not missing much. The selection basically suuuucks.

Last edited:
I think the app is missing the functionality, but if you login from your laptop and borrow a book it should show up in your library on the ipad. At least that's the way it works with renting videos, etc on the XBox Amazon App.

Good to know. Thanks!

Back