• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

America Is Not For Black People - Greg Howard

America is very clearly racist. It goes too far beyond isolated incidents to be anything other than a structural problem. This is what happens when one group of people are predominantly brought here as property - and somehow it isn't overtly clear to nearly everyone that this still has very real impacts in 2014 in a variety of areas.

yes america is racist.

as is pretty much every country. we just have a gun culture to boot.

yes america is racist.

as is pretty much every country. we just have a gun culture to boot.

Duh...how else are us whites supposed to protect ourselves against the roving gangs of crack addled Negroes that roam the streets of anytown, USA? Gotta protect ourselves and our stuff.

Although this is not as horrible as the police actions, it does show how prejudice seeps into lots of other places. A friend of mine is a black guy in his mid-30s. He has a masters and about 6'5, 225. He's also very mild mannered. It may be the reason he didn't make the NBA.

A few years ago he was trying to buy a couple of houses. He asked me if I'd pose as the investor and he'd be my glorified handyman. I was stunned and aghast. Why would he ask me?

He said he had been to about half a dozen homes over the previous couple of weeks. When he said he was the investor, only one homeowner believed him. He thought it would be better if I pretended to be the investor.

Although this is not as horrible as the police actions, it does show how prejudice seeps into lots of other places. A friend of mine is a black guy in his mid-30s. He has a masters and about 6'5, 225. He's also very mild mannered. It may be the reason he didn't make the NBA.

A few years ago he was trying to buy a couple of houses. He asked me if I'd pose as the investor and he'd be my glorified handyman. I was stunned and aghast. Why would he ask me?

He said he had been to about half a dozen homes over the previous couple of weeks. When he said he was the investor, only one homeowner believed him. He thought it would be better if I pretended to be the investor.

Because you're Jewish? That's pretty racist.

Coming back to this

Can you imagine the collective freak out if 10 or 12 black guys in dashikis and long black leather coats wearing berets ( I think that just about covers every angry black man wardrobe sterotype) and carrying AR 15s strolled into a Panera in the University Park area of Dallas? Hurray, Texas Open Carry!!

More and more, I'm beginning to believe America is inherently racist.

Edited to add:
Ferguson has 3 black officers on it's roughly 60 man force. For a town that's 65% black.

That's preposterous I live in University Park, and we don't have a Panera. :D

Seriously though, good point. I can't imagine how badly that would end.

but they'd believe he had a jewish backer?

WTF is your problem?

The racist part is almost no one thought a black guy could have the money himself.

But everyone thought a Jewish guy would. Isn't that also playing to racial stereotypes?

But everyone thought a Jewish guy would. Isn't that also playing to racial stereotypes?

or maybe just a white guy. I know you're just rustling RJs jimmies, but his story is pretty telling. Doesn't surprise me at all that a young black guy would not be taken seriously as a home buyer. The dude was pretty savvy to use RJ as his strawman.

or maybe just a white guy. I know you're just rustling RJs jimmies, but his story is pretty telling. Doesn't surprise me at all that a young black guy would not be taken seriously as a home buyer. The dude was pretty savvy to use RJ as his strawman.

agreed. rj is good as a strawman.

So the police in Ferguson have now arrested journalists (and released them), fired tear gas at crowds that include journalists, and have kicked out all satellite trucks so no one can show events live.

Bu9sflUIQAAJVGn.png

I'm going to need lectro's take on whether the kid was heading down the wrong path and what homes he was casing before I decide if the shooting was justified.

Last edited:
So the police in Ferguson have now arrested journalists (and released them), fired tear gas at crowds that include journalists, and have kicked out all satellite trucks so no one can show events live.

Some reports are getting out of the area. Here a few of the bereaved take a break from grieving for refreshments at a local QuickTrip:

... not sure what that has to do with the journalists and the cops trying to keep video from getting out?

Last edited:
Back