• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

And another reason people think NC Is backwards

It's sad for the country to look at NC church going people in this light. All the country is seeing is this backwards bigoted message from North Carolina:
First Amendment 1 passes 61%
Second you have Berean Baptist church saying to beat the gay ou of your child
Now you have this "baptist minister" saying to put gays in concentration camps...(I guess this is progress since 34 years ago he was for lynching gays).

The perception of the non-church going public that this guy and his flock are in anyway representive of the type of church I go to is laughable.

Many, many followers of Islam have been saying this very same thing for the last 11 years.

Many, many followers of Islam have been saying this very same thing for the last 11 years.

What are you trying to say? I agree with those Muslims who say that they shouldn't be lumped in with the 0.01% of Muslims who are terrorists.

And Christians who don't agree with Amendment One shouldn't be lumped in with those who do. These aren't even very nuanced points imo.

Also, you know that preacher man has been surprising some man-love for years. He's got to know, deep down, he loves dudes.

Last edited:
What are you trying to say?

Not sure if there's a point to answering since you kind of knee-jerked there and just ran with things. Anyway, my point was more to point out that when the shoe's on the other foot, people who threw stones now know what it's like to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. If I may mix my metaphors...

Not sure if there's a point to answering since you kind of knee-jerked there and just ran with things. Anyway, my point was more to point out that when the shoe's on the other foot, people who threw stones now know what it's like to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. If I may mix my metaphors...

Were you trying to say that Christians think all Muslims are terrorists? Because that would be quite wrong, too.

Were you trying to say that Christians think all Muslims are terrorists? Because that would be quite wrong, too.

Uh, no I was not. I'm saying that it's an epiphany when people who condemn others for something they themselves either engage in or become victims of. Think Twilight Zone The Movie; the vignette with Vic Morrow.

:laugh: So I actually just watched this video today for the first time (I'd just read the transcript up to this point).

Anyway, I love how at the 1:50 mark how he says "can you imagine kissing some man" and then gets this really far off, almost happy, look on his face while he pauses and imagines himself doing just that.

Uh, no I was not. I'm saying that it's an epiphany when people who condemn others for something they themselves either engage in or become victims of. Think Twilight Zone The Movie; the vignette with Vic Morrow.

I must be really dense, because if you aren't saying that Christians view Muslims as terrorists, then what exactly are you saying?

:laugh: So I actually just watched this video today for the first time (I'd just read the transcript up to this point).

Anyway, I love how at the 1:50 mark how he says "can you imagine kissing some man" and then gets this really far off, almost happy, look on his face while he pauses and imagines himself doing just that.

That dude totally loves men. He's got to.

I must be really dense, because if you aren't saying that Christians view Muslims as terrorists, then what exactly are you saying?

I'm saying that it's an epiphany when people who condemn others for something they themselves either engage in or become victims of.

I guess you're wanting to read that as a blanket statement.

Your post is probably tongue in cheek, but people like this (especially religious types) that are so aggressively homophobic are usually the ones who get caught with their pants around their ankles.

So much for live and let live.

Back