• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AND..HERE...WE....GO!!! ESPN Finally targets the fiasco which is WF Basketball

WF Athletics sees what they want to see, and hears what they want to hear. And unless you have the capabilities and/or resources to do something for them, they don't give a rats ass about your opinion. They also subscribe to the belief that if they say something enough times, no matter how ridiculous, the lemmings (a.k.a. their fan base that they can control) will ultimately believe it and will follow them...even if it is off a cliff. I once worked within the University in a department that was closely associated with the Athletic Department, and let me tell you that the level of arrogance and elitism was astounding and both factored into the decision-making process. It was really hard to believe that these people thought so highly of themselves, actually believed it, and thought that others did also.

and if this is true, then this is exactly why the billboard was not only appropriate but necessary if you give a damn about Wake athletics . The article mentions Tim Duncan repeatedly, but correct me if I'm wrong but Duncan was recruited by Dave Odom who was hired by Gene Hooks. Ron Wellman has nothing to do with Tim Duncan except pissing him off when he fired his head coach. Honestly, that’s like getting hired by Google tomorrow and then walking around like a dickhead proclaiming to have created “Gmail.” F this whole situation in it’s dirty starfish.

What up.

STOWE2.jpg

LOL

Wellman's earlier bicycle wreck must have distorted his ability to make rational decisions. He has long lost any positives he attained for WFU earlier...

At least ESPN finally got a comment from Wellman. Extensive comments, too. All of which, unsurprisingly, make Wellman look like a bigger douche than even we thought.

I know. Until today I was more Bzzzout than Wellmanout because I had positive memories of Wellman from my time at Wake at his accomplishments over the last decade with facilities. Now I think both must go. What a bad, bad interview for Wellman....

Wake Forest's athletic programs are a fucking JOKE. Even Grobe needs to turn it around quickly or he needs to go too.

Its nice to see the WWL pay attention to this, especially during the offseason. But its that much more painful to see, in print, a vivid reminder that our Athletic Director is an insufferable, incompetent, stubborn, delusional lightweight.

What is this Mundy dude's board name? I can't believe the crap he spewed in that article! It sounded like he was saying the Staak years were more the norm for Wake as a basketball institution? Did I read that right?

That article makes Buzzout sound a little delusional with respect to our expectations.

...and because of this, here is my recommendation: make this problem with Wellman about $$$. Fine, if Mundy and his ilk want to push the LOWF angle, then explain why we pay Bzz, Grobe, and Wellman so much money. Tell me why we give those guys competitive salaries if we are not going to be competitive. (also push the Casstevens angle)

What is this Mundy dude's board name? I can't believe the crap he spewed in that article! It sounded like he was saying the Staak years were more the norm for Wake as a basketball institution? Did I read that right?

No.

He said that 20 somethings don't know how bad the Staak years were, and therefore have higher expectations - which has led to developments like the billboard. He was a teenager during Staak, so he's seen bad; 20 and 30 year olds know only Duncan and Paul, and therefore have even more difficulty accepting this shitshow.

The "twenty somethings" also doesn't make much math sense. I'm 33 now. I was 17 when Duncan graduated. If you are 25 right now, you were 9 years old when Duncan last played for Wake.

And 17 when Chris Paul last played for Wake.

Mundy is talking about his boys, numbers and Doofus and the other BSD guys when he talks about 20 somethings. They're the exceptions, especially the twins.

Wellman's problem is alums who went to Wake in the 90s who are in our 30s and early 40s who Wake will desperately need to donate money going forward.

I was around for the crappy late 80's. Doesn't really make now much better.

Anyone want to throw BSD in the mix and burn it too the ground until Mundy is removed from their as well, what a fucking joke he is.

Back