• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Andre Washington

Visser went. Big E didn't.

Some people attributed Visser's senior year improvement to the camp. Others attributed it to the playing time available once E left and the lack of other scoring options on the team.

Ha. I just looked up Visser online and a link took me to the a "The Latest" tab on his web page. Skimmed it and when I read:

"Visser reflected on his days at Forest Hills Central, a successful college career at Wake Forest, the heartbreak of not hearing his name called on NBA draft night in 2007, and the blessings he’s experienced on and off the court playing overseas ever since.

And then he was gone."

I was like holy shit when did Kyle Visser die?! Then I kept reading and they meant he disappeared to Germany.

http://www.kylevisser.com

I saw a couple times last night where Washington could have easily gathered a D rebound if he just jumped, in which he didn't. Tech ended up getting a rebound. So I think if he works on that jumping off the floor for a rebound thing.

Ha. I just looked up Visser online and a link took me to the a "The Latest" tab on his web page. Skimmed it and when I read:

"Visser reflected on his days at Forest Hills Central, a successful college career at Wake Forest, the heartbreak of not hearing his name called on NBA draft night in 2007, and the blessings he’s experienced on and off the court playing overseas ever since.

And then he was gone."

I was like holy shit when did Kyle Visser die?! Then I kept reading and they meant he disappeared to Germany.

http://www.kylevisser.com

lololol

Damn you guys it's simple. Walker= bad culture. Washington = good culture. Washington everytime.

Washington is just as productive as walker was as a sophomore. He could become a decent big off the bench. The idea that he could become a dominant big man in the ACC is laughable.

Right now he is not a contributing factor off the bench for any team worth its salt.

He has mediocre talent. 7 feet doesn't mean jack squat. If he continues to work hard I think he could be worthy of being the 7th or 8th man off the bench on a good ACC team.

Which means for us he could be a very important piece by his senior year because we still have zero post depth (thanks [Redacted]).

OK, laughable was a bit of hyperbole. I take that back. I'd still take senior Ty over sophomore Dre at this point. Dre should surpass him by his senior year, but that's not really saying much. Ty was a good shot blocker and not much else. I'm still really skeptical that Dre will ever be all that effective offensively against good teams with good big men.

Last edited:
Back