• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Andy Roddick to retire after US Open

Didn't he flame out in the 1st/2nd Round last week @ the W-S Open?

was always a punk. good riddance.

Poor baby... Really want to see your vision for professional athletes and how lame that would be to watch. Roddick was like tiger.. An ass hole but fun as hell to watch. So what if he's not politically correct.

Anyone have a link for his interview after losing in the Australian open in like 08? That was classic.. "so how are you going to sleep tonight after that loss"
"well it depends how much I drink".. Many more epic quotes in that interview.

Thirty is about it unless you are Conners or that Swiss guy who is ridiculous.

I was never a huge Roddick fan, but I was cheering so hard for him during that epic Wimbledon final against Federer.

Poor baby... Really want to see your vision for professional athletes and how lame that would be to watch. Roddick was like tiger.. An ass hole but fun as hell to watch. So what if he's not politically correct.

Anyone have a link for his interview after losing in the Australian open in like 08? That was classic.. "so how are you going to sleep tonight after that loss"
"well it depends how much I drink".. Many more epic quotes in that interview.

They're about even on majors as well, right?

They're about even on majors as well, right?

Exactly what i was thinking. Dont ever compare Roddick to Tiger, ever. And they arent even close ro similar on or off the field/court. Very strange comparison

Not a surprising announcement. After he lost at Wimbledon, he blew kisses to the crowd and had that look like it was his last time on Centre Court. I enjoyed watching him play, glad I got to see him play a couple times here in Winston. He put on a show for sure.

I wonder how long it will be before the announcement that he is single again?

Exactly what i was thinking. Dont ever compare Roddick to Tiger, ever. And they arent even close ro similar on or off the field/court. Very strange comparison

known to Dirk as that black guy who is ridiculous.

More time to extend his more successful film career in the American Pie movies.

6a00e0097fd69588330163044519f4970d-pi

The guy lost five Grand Slam finals to Roger Federer. He would've been a US tennis legend if his career didn't happen to coincide with that of the greatest tennis player of all time.

More vacations with his incredibly hot wife, I guess. I doubt he's looking for any sympathy.

I don't understand all the Roddick hate.

He was a top 10 player for 9 consecutive years. That's very hard to play at that level for that sustained period of time. He is the only player to accomplish that feat in the last 20 years not named Sampras or Federer.

The guy always played Davis cup for his country.

And as Arlington pointed out, if he wasn't the same age at the greatest tennis player of all time, he would probably be going out right now as one of the most decorated and celebrated American tennis players ever.

I don't understand all the Roddick hate.

He was a top 10 player for 9 consecutive years. That's very hard to play at that level for that sustained period of time. He is the only player to accomplish that feat in the last 20 years not named Sampras or Federer.

The guy always played Davis cup for his country.

And as Arlington pointed out, if he wasn't the same age at the greatest tennis player of all time, he would probably be going out right now as one of the most decorated and celebrated American tennis players ever.

The hate is because he was a dick on the court. I think the Federer argument cuts both ways. Yes, he may have won multiple majors if he hadn't been playing at the same time as Federer's rise. But at the same time, if he doesn't start his career in one of the weakest tennis periods ever, there's a good chance that he never wins a major and is never ranked No. 1.

Back