• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

Im up 31 but he has Megatron, Frank Gore, and Detroits kicker left to play. Sweet, another week I lose by 5 or less points.

Im up 31 but he has Megatron, Frank Gore, and Detroits kicker left to play. Sweet, another week I lose by 5 or less points.

I feel ya this week. At the start of the 4 PM games, I was down 65 points because of Trent Richardson's ridiculous day and Victor Cruz's 80 yard TD catch. Ended up losing by 3.5 points because Philip Rivers' 4th TD pass was ruled down at the 1 and San Diego opted to run it in on the next play. Tough week for me, but hopefully Pierre Garcon will be back next week.

Fucking hell Stafford/Johnson are looking like shit....not what I needed

I feel ya this week. At the start of the 4 PM games, I was down 65 points because of Trent Richardson's ridiculous day and Victor Cruz's 80 yard TD catch. Ended up losing by 3.5 points because Philip Rivers' 4th TD pass was ruled down at the 1 and San Diego opted to run it in on the next play. Tough week for me, but hopefully Pierre Garcon will be back next week.

I left Trent on the bench this week and had two dropped TD passes (Graham and Marshall) but I'm still going to win unless Michael turner puts up 50 points tomorrow night. Thank you Reggie bush and cj spiller.

it will probably be a tight one then an you will eek it out. I expect Megatron to catch a lot more balls but put up equal stats to Roddy the difference will be whether what Akers gets plus the 11 you are down is less than Stafford. Stafford will have to throw a lot, but against a very good D.

Yea I'm screwed....Akers getting that FG put me down 0.90 points and he's still got Roddy White...unless Lions get another possession and can do something with it, or SF gets a return TD or something I have no shot.

With both my TE's hurt I got a wopping 5pts out Fleener and Scheffler and am down 124-99 with Ryan and Roddy left. He has Demaryius Thomas left so I have shot as long DT doesn't go off to bad.

Jason freakin Hanson. I was up 22.5 facing only Hanson tonight and Gonzalez tomorrow. I was feeling pretty good. Now I'm only up 6.5.

Yea I'm screwed....Akers getting that FG put me down 0.90 points and he's still got Roddy White...unless Lions get another possession and can do something with it, or SF gets a return TD or something I have no shot.

Going into tomorrow I'm up 6.4 pts and he's got Roddy White.

Started Megatron and Jordy Nelson (17.8 total at WR) with VJax/Mike Wallace on the bench (32.2 pts combined)

Sucks even more that I had Marshawn Lynch and RGIII on my bench....they had a combined 49.64 points today.

May be time to start thinking about starting RGIII instead of Stafford

I have the #1 waiver position.

Should I:

1. Use it on Andre Brown (RB - Giants)
2. Use it on Mickel Leshoure (RB - Lions)
3. Save it for some other loser next week.

Obvs I need to wait to see what Bradshaws MRI looks like. I already have Wilson though, so assuming Bradshaw is going down, Brown would be a great pickup it seems. I still cant figure out why Wilson, a first rounder who is making $5MM, has gotten 4 touches this year.

As for the Lions, they seem like a fantasy disaster this year, and I know nothing about this Leshoure dude, only that he might start soon.

I have the #1 waiver position.

Should I:

1. Use it on Andre Brown (RB - Giants)
2. Use it on Mickel Leshoure (RB - Lions)
3. Save it for some other loser next week.

Obvs I need to wait to see what Bradshaws MRI looks like. I already have Wilson though, so assuming Bradshaw is going down, Brown would be a great pickup it seems. I still cant figure out why Wilson, a first rounder who is making $5MM, has gotten 4 touches this year.

As for the Lions, they seem like a fantasy disaster this year, and I know nothing about this Leshoure dude, only that he might start soon.

I'd say pick up Brown. Wilson hasn't had more touches because he fumbled early in the Dallas game and is in Coughlin's doghouse.

Fucking hell Stafford/Johnson are looking like shit....not what I needed

Stafford and Megatron won't look like this again all year. San Francisco's defense really is that good. SF beat my fantasy team this week. I was counting heavily on Stafford/Johnson.

It also didn't help that I started Ahmad Bradshaw at RB after losing Fred Jackson and getting lit up by CJ Spiller last week. The fantasy football gods have not smiled upon me this year.

I'm hoping that Matt Ryan talked to Jay Cutler for advice on how to play tonight. Up 12 and facing :mattryan this evening...

Jason freakin Hanson. I was up 22.5 facing only Hanson tonight and Gonzalez tomorrow. I was feeling pretty good. Now I'm only up 6.5.
Yeah that was flukey. I went 0-3 in my other leagues (I deserve this for drafting Bradshaw at the flex in every league) so now Gonzalez is my only shot at a win for the week.

Thank you Falcons and Matt Ryan for those two kneel downs that lost 3 of the 22yds that Ryan got rushing and caused me to lose 1pt and lose the game 145-144.

Lost by one point on the last real play of the game because Turner went for just enough yardage for 2 points. Up one, Turner runs, gets the yardage and first down, and I lose. Sigh.

edit: oh, and the two (or three?) passes you dropped Decker. couldn't come down with even one of those that were IN YOUR HANDS? Sighx2

Last edited:
Yeah that was flukey. I went 0-3 in my other leagues (I deserve this for drafting Bradshaw at the flex in every league) so now Gonzalez is my only shot at a win for the week.

Congrats on the flukey win. Charles and Jackson not getting carries for flukey reasons didn't help much either.

Going in to Sunday night I was up by 10 but he had Calvin, Gore, Decker and Crabtree.

McGahee to the rescue! Won by a comfortable margin.

Should I drop the NE Defense and pick up either Detroit , Buffalo, or New Orleans (vs Tennessee, Cleveland, KC respectively?)

Back