• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

What is proper etiquette on sitting a defense that plays MNF if you are up a point and your opponent has no more players left?

Basically by being a sportsman and playing your D you could lose the playoff matchup if they get negative points or you could be a dick and sit your D leaving an empty roster spot, ensuring the win. Maybe I just answered my own question but unless there is a league rule prohibiting an incomplete roster what would you do in that situation?

You play to win the game.

You rest your defense and hope there isn't a horrific stat correction in your opponent's favor.

What is proper etiquette on sitting a defense that plays MNF if you are up a point and your opponent has no more players left?

Basically by being a sportsman and playing your D you could lose the playoff matchup if they get negative points or you could be a dick and sit your D leaving an empty roster spot, ensuring the win. Maybe I just answered my own question but unless there is a league rule prohibiting an incomplete roster what would you do in that situation?

If you already have the win going into MNF in the playoffs, it's fair game to sit any remaining player. How can you ask that with your username?

What would happen after the fact if there was a scoring adjustment that changed the outcome? I think it's best to play the defense, even at the risk of negative points.

If I was thinking, I probably would have gone with Dalton tonight over Eli vs. Falcons. Good thing I wasn't thinking.

Opponent hadn't set their up yet for the week and Nugent didn't play tonight. Nice little handicap for me.

Bryce Brown almost did the same to me. Thankfully I had a change of heart and reinserted a steady Alfred Morris into my lineup instead of Bryce Brown last minute.

I'm in a funky league where defense is the highest scorer...so, having said that

Pit @ Dal

Or

Buf vs Sea

Also.....Givens, Stevie Johnson, or Blackmon?

Last edited:
My opponent had RG3 and he's out so I may have a chance. His backup is Fitzpatrick.

So, Kaep over Rivers?

And Jennings, Bush or Garcon at flex? I'm leaning toward Bush.

From a game theory perspective...

I'm a big underdog in my playoff semifinal. ARodge is my starting QB. Should I put James Jones in to go for some hail mary shit or should I stick with who I think is a better play this week in Josh Gordon? I also have Brandon Lloyd and Antonio Brown.

Good question.

I have a flip side situation. My opponent has Drew Brees and I have Lance Moore. Should I play Moore as a hedge or bench him in case I get my wish and Brees completely implodes?

From a game theory perspective...

I'm a big underdog in my playoff semifinal. ARodge is my starting QB. Should I put James Jones in to go for some hail mary shit or should I stick with who I think is a better play this week in Josh Gordon? I also have Brandon Lloyd and Antonio Brown.

I'm thinking Jones. He seems to catch these random TDs when everyone counts him out. He'll probably be more productive than Jennings for sure.

Good question.

I have a flip side situation. My opponent has Drew Brees and I have Lance Moore. Should I play Moore as a hedge or bench him in case I get my wish and Brees completely implodes?

Hard to hedge with NO because they so many pass catching options.

Back