• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anonymous Rep Now Public!

What should we do with rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see who is leaving all the hilarious tags. Thats next right?

Bingo...great points...public rep negates the purpose of rep

Maybe it won't negate the purpose, but it will repurpose it into a circle-jerk for people who post a lot on the Chat Thread, SheWoman thread, etc. When your name is attached, you're going to be motivated at least as much by the rep-receiver's perception of you as by the content of the post.

That said, I signed all my negreps for a couple of months, and only a few posters--mostly people you would expect it from--were enough of a candy-ass to give a return neg rep.

Thread: Anonymous Rep vs Public...
You can't handle the truth! Long Live Anonymous NegRep!

Are you fucking serious? You fucking negrep me for that post, which displayed more thought and intelligence than you've ever expressed in your entire life, you little pussy? How about the fact that I was agreeing with you that rep should be anonymous if we keep it, you fawking baboon? Why don't you post your name and where you work next time, little man, so I can kick your punk ass? I'll even tape Dr. Seuss to the bottom of my shoes so you can learn how to read while I stomp your ugly face in.

I voted indifferent. The rep system adds very little to the board as is while escalating arguments (whether its anonymous rep or not).

I voted indifferent. The rep system adds very little to the board as is while escalating arguments (whether its anonymous rep or not).

WTF? Escalating arguments is the foundation of any successful message board.

get ready for an explosion of parodies. yeah, that will make this board more fun to read.

or you cunts could grow up

I sometimes get around the anonymous negrep by leaving mean spirited posrep, but not signing it. Something like, "you're a fucking idiot,but probably a good person IRL, so have some posrep."

I sometimes get around the anonymous negrep by leaving mean spirited posrep, but not signing it. Something like, "you're a fucking idiot,but probably a good person IRL, so have some posrep."

Ah. I've gotten a few of those except they're more like "you suck ass but that was a good post. Dick."

When does the poll end? Should we all give one last flurry of neg rep before the fun ends?

It would be cool if the change to public rep was made without notice to see who gets caught with their poison pen in hand.

Can't wait to have neg-rep battles!!!! GET EXCITED EVERYONE!!!

Make it public or get rid of it. Is there anyone here who takes this place so serious that they would be upset if rep were done away with? Also, if posters get into rep wars with each other and it spills into threads, mods can just give them a temp-ban. Seems easy enough.

Make it public or get rid of it. Is there anyone here who takes this place so serious that they would be upset if rep were done away with? Also, if posters get into rep wars with each other and it spills into threads, mods can just give them a temp-ban. Seems easy enough.

Using the same logic, is there anyone that takes rep so seriously they mind leaving it the same? LOL @ repwars, that's the cuntiest term I've ever read.

Now that I think about it, I'd love to posrep people who negrep others to the point where they air all their grievances online. Anyone who gets so hysterical about their rep deserves additional negreps, and I will definitely posrep those who get others so worked up that they make a display.

So if we go public good times ahead.

Only the third time I've gone in and looked at my 'rep' (so take that all you neg reppers, I'm not even reading what you write, so have fun). If we have it it should be public but if there was a vote to shut the whole thing off I'd go with that, since it seems a little 'teenage girlish' IMO.

I think I've given one neg rep in 13 months.

As some one that's piled up a ton of neg rep, I can say on the 1st page there are 23 neg reps that are unsigned and 2 that are signed. Big balls there.

Based upon the insightful comments left, I would bet there are several serial neg reppers. More maturity there.

I'll check back when I get to 6 red dots, so keep talking to yourselves and know that I don't care enough to look at it.

Maybe it won't negate the purpose, but it will repurpose it into a circle-jerk for people who post a lot on the Chat Thread, SheWoman thread, etc. When your name is attached, you're going to be motivated at least as much by the rep-receiver's perception of you as by the content of the post.

That said, I signed all my negreps for a couple of months, and only a few posters--mostly people you would expect it from--were enough of a candy-ass to give a return neg rep.

Repurpose it? It already is a circle-jerk for the CT etc.

i'd be pretty sad to miss out on the 1 in 10 hilarious anon negreps i get. if more people took my former avatar to heart they wouldnt be so butthurt.

Hater.jpg

Obviously voting for public considering I tried to get it that way in the first place. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back