• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anonymous Rep Now Public!

What should we do with rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought Harv would have been the end of this thread. Guess I overestimated the boards.

I'm not excusing rj at all. Obviously he is ridiculous with his responses. But we all know how he responds when you push his buttons. You're not going to train him out of it with neg reps. You know exactly what you're going to get when you provoke him, so what is the point? Why not just take what he says with a grain of salt (i.e., the general point of what he is saying and not the specifics?) Or just put him on ignore and reply to other people instead and have a legitimate discussion?

I guess flame wars just don't entertain me,

Have fun guys. I'm out...continue your circle jerk......

I'd be willing to bet anything you end up back here.

And calling this a circle jerk is funny coming from someone who spends most of his time patting himself on the back and attempting to suck his own e-dick

Due to a heavy work schedule I have not been able to spend much time on the internet. Upon logging on today and reading this thread it dawns on me that some individuals have entirely too much time on his/her hands. It is one thing to display concern over an online identity, but it is another thing entirely to spend multiple hourson a daily basis defending said identity.

Fortunately I do not have this problem.

I'm not excusing rj at all. Obviously he is ridiculous with his responses. But we all know how he responds when you push his buttons. You're not going to train him out of it with neg reps. You know exactly what you're going to get when you provoke him, so what is the point? Why not just take what he says with a grain of salt (i.e., the general point of what he is saying and not the specifics?) Or just put him on ignore and reply to other people instead and have a legitimate discussion?

Apparently they do

I had no idea--never heard of him til his rep bitching began. But I'm glad I found him, because curing him is extremely important to me. Euthanizing him may end up being the only way to go, but we can't, or at least I can't, let him go on living a rep-obsessed life.

471-dedication-because-winning-isnt-everything.-its-the-only-thing.jpg

Because it is humorous to get him to go into his histrionics over something as insignificant as rep? I'm here to entertain myself and waste time. Poking the toothless badger that is rj is a fantastic way to do both from time to time.

And yes, I realize it is completely childish. I'm 100% fine with that.

This again... doesn't this sound like rj? Maybe I should stop messing with a person with a clear mental disorder. Hmmmmm...

Histrionic personality disorder is a condition in which people act in a very emotional and dramatic way that draws attention to themselves.

Symptoms include:

• Acting or looking overly seductive (dv7note: I would suggest his creepy posts towards females on here qualify here.)

• Being easily influenced by other people

• Being overly concerned with their looks (dv7 note: clearly not this one. http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q210/deacons724/rjkarl.gif )

• Being overly dramatic and emotional

• Being overly sensitive to criticism or disapproval
  • Believing that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
  • Blaming failure or disappointment on others

• Constantly seeking reassurance or approval
  • Having a low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
  • Needing to be the center of attention (self-centeredness)
  • Quickly changing emotions, which may seem shallow to others

All the bolded ones nail him dead to rights.

Apparently they do

When I've responded in a thread I try to keep up with it and reply back when people respond to me. It's what makes a message board go. I have skimmed over the vast majority of posts on the last few pages.

Because it is humorous to get him to go into his histrionics over something as insignificant as rep? I'm here to entertain myself and waste time. Poking the toothless badger that is rj is a fantastic way to do both from time to time.

This again... doesn't this sound like rj? Maybe I should stop messing with a person with a clear mental disorder. Hmmmmm...

Histrionic personality disorder is a condition in which people act in a very emotional and dramatic way that draws attention to themselves.

Symptoms include:

• Acting or looking overly seductive (dv7note: I would suggest his creepy posts towards females on here qualify here.)

• Being overly concerned with their looks (dv7 note: clearly not this one. http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q210/deacons724/rjkarl.gif )

100%

histrionics.jpg

Symptoms include:

you picked the wrong picture man. this is the correct one.

Local-Idiot-R_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg

Due to a heavy work schedule I have not been able to spend much time on the internet. Upon logging on today and reading this thread it dawns on me that some individuals have entirely too much time on his/her hands. It is one thing to display concern over an online identity, but it is another thing entirely to spend multiple hourson a daily basis defending said identity.

Fortunately I do not have this problem.

AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back