• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Football coach leaving?

Yeah, that would be catastrophic. He's been here one year and we've already seen tremendous improvement. I dont know much about his character, but would he be the type to leave a job after one year? I understand the connection to one of his former coachmates already there, but it seems odd to consider leaving after one year IMO.

To me this has nothing to do with character. USC is poised to make some noise. They had a great season this year and being a position coach in the
SEC is a big step up than the same gig in the ACC. This would be a good professional move and I don't think anyone could fault him for it, even after a year. The only way to hold on to him, possibly, might be some sort of promotion at WF.

I really, really, really hope that we can find a way for Galloway to stay. He's made a huge positive impact - in many ways- in only one year. He should have a good future at Wake, although I'm sure that the better he does, the more his services will be coveted by others.

If Wellman is serious about developing this program he needs to ante up what it takes to keep Galloway...

This is pretty much what we said about Grobe to Arkansas, and now all people do is bitch and moan about how much money he makes.

Unless recent events make you realize the blind nepotism/allegiance your head coach has to certain coaches on the staff. Particularly ones that would impeded your career path.

True. Also, if he left it doesn't have to reflect on his character. Coaching is a nomadic life and you take the opportunities presented to you.

But it would be a setback for the program. Wonder also if he too is frustrated with Lobo's playcalling, because it affects others' perceptions of his abilities.

Running Backs Coach at USC next year is going to be the easiest job in the world.

It's hilarious how whenever anything happens with the coaching staff, people speculate whether the reason is whether it was due to Lobo's playcalling.

Galloway was not going to be here long. He is too bright and energetic. The SEC offers him better credentials and opportunity to grow his resume. He will be a huge loss but not unexpected. I hoped we would get more than a year out of him. Could be worse, Dooley's instability here in Knoxville has 5 coaches leaving at this point, could be more.

It's hilarious how whenever anything happens with the coaching staff, people speculate whether the reason is whether it was due to Lobo's playcalling.

Given that it's the single biggest point of disagreement among the entire fanbase, not that unusual to speculate whether that sentiment might be shared by some on staff.

This is a crossroads for the football program right now. Younger assistants will be the future of the program. I would much rather take a chance on promoting Galloway to OC. He would then stay until a mid-major HC job or a OC job at a bigger program opened up. We have had plenty of seasons to see what we get with Lobo, let's try someone else (pretty much everyone sees a bright future for Galloway...why not make it happen here?).

Is he a good recruiter? Why else would south carolina want a passing coach to coach running backs...

Assistant coaches constantly change what positions they coach if they move up the ranks until they get a top job.

Is he a good recruiter? Why else would south carolina want a passing coach to coach running backs...

Plenty of coaches coach multiple positions over their careers.

I would say most head coaches coached most of the positions on one side of the ball as they made their way up the ladder.

He is our best. I also dont think he is actually going anywhere.

Back