• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Football coach leaving?

Yes, he is the best recruiter on the staff.

Is he? Who has he brought in? Honest question as I don't know. I do remember speculation that he might bring in that hotshot RB/slot receiver from WV with him but then didn't hear any more.

This is much, much worse than Billings being fired.

I imagine Galloway considers going to an SEC team a step-up, and he's definitely a coach that can make some noise in the future.

It is the natural professional progression for an assistant coach to want, and I hope things go well for him, although I would bear up under it somehow if he stays.

I am not sure it is worse than Billings but it is a comparable loss to that of Billings if it happens.

Galloway was not going to be here long. He is too bright and energetic. The SEC offers him better credentials and opportunity to grow his resume. He will be a huge loss but not unexpected. I hoped we would get more than a year out of him. Could be worse, Dooley's instability here in Knoxville has 5 coaches leaving at this point, could be more.

Yep.

I didn't see Racer say, "Anybody who doesn't think Lonnie is long gone is a fuggin' idiot."

Big difference.

It's not worth it. He seems to have no understanding of the difference between talking about the ramifications of what may happen and claiming to be able to predict what will happen, while hurling insults at those who question his claims.

I will make one prediction: he'll never get it...totally oblivious to his own absurdity.

For me to act like lec on this thread, I would need to declare that the floaters in my toilet show that Galloway is definitely gone. Then, if he doesn't leave, insult anyone who calls me out. Or, if he does leave, bump the thread back to the top and insult anyone who questioned my ability to read poop signals.

You must be fucking kidding... You mean to tell me that you've been humping my fucking leg all these years for prognosticating where I believe players project and now you have this bit of audacity?

Ha! I haven't laughed this hard in months!

It is the natural professional progression for an assistant coach to want, and I hope things go well for him, although I would bear up under it somehow if he stays.

I am not sure it is worse than Billings but it is a comparable loss to that of Billings if it happens.

Especially comparable because it's another coach who hasn't been around for years. Whether Galloway stays or goes, I hope we fill these openings with folks who offer new perspectives like Billings and Galloway.

Given that it's the single biggest point of disagreement among the entire fanbase, not that unusual to speculate whether that sentiment might be shared by some on staff.

Not really, as the difference is that the coaches actually understand football unlike many of the fans.

Not really, as the difference is that the coaches actually understand football unlike many of the fans.

But do they all understand it the same way?

It's not worth it. He seems to have no understanding of the difference between talking about the ramifications of what may happen and claiming to be able to predict what will happen, while hurling insults at those who question his claims.

I will make one prediction: he'll never get it...totally oblivious to his own absurdity.

For me to act like lec on this thread, I would need to declare that the floaters in my toilet show that Galloway is definitely gone. Then, if he doesn't leave, insult anyone who calls me out. Or, if he does leave, bump the thread back to the top and insult anyone who questioned my ability to read poop signals.

Therein lies your diificulty in the "Oracular arts" my lad...one who is seeking the face of the future ought not be staring at turds in a toilet... what is found there is what we "Oracle's" kindly refer to as the "Past". :)

That is not to say that those "turdulent totems" are not representative of where you find yourself today, dearest Racer. In that case they may, in fact, portend of an even less buoyant future -- if you get the drift.

You would not want to stand in Lonnie's way... it is a very fickle business where one day you are hailed and the next told to "go to hell" --- so nobody would want anything but the best for Coach Galloway.

He has a chance to chase the ring with a healthy Marcus Lattimore; a stout team full of stars; and a rejuvenated Ol' Ball coach looking for "one more run".

Think a moment... Spurrier lost 1/3 of his assistants after an 11 and 2 season. Lonnie has the opprtunity to hitch his wagon to a star and you can't blame him for that (IF, "that" is what he wants). He could be part of another mass upward-exodus from USC after 2012-13.

Coach Grobe is no different than the rest of us and he will surely fight to keep him and would hate to see him go. Let's wait and hear SC's offer and then respond.

if we lose a one-year assistant after a 6-7 season, after losing two assistants that the head coach no longer wanted, we are definitely screwed. i don't think we win a game next year.

Is he? Who has he brought in? Honest question as I don't know. I do remember speculation that he might bring in that hotshot RB/slot receiver from WV with him but then didn't hear any more.

Out of the class about to sign:
Jared Crump
Jonathan Williams - Mays High School in ATL is a school we've never recruited before bringing in Galloway

He's also the lead for Jela Duncan and Sheldon Rankins who would be huge gets. He might be involved with Quinshad Davis but I'm not sure.

At WVU he was responsible for Tavon Austin among others. He was generally considered their best recruiter.

I know he has strong ties in Florida. He pullled guys like Noel Devine, Geno Smith and Stedman Bailey to WVU. For us this year he already landed Jared Crump and Johnathan Williams and is the reason we lead for Jela Duncan and Quinshad Davis. Make no mistake, WVU fans were upset to see him go for his recruiting prowess.

^Thanks. Sorry, I thought I had read the whole thread but obviously I missed a section.

You would not want to stand in Lonnie's way... it is a very fickle business where one day you are hailed and the next told to "go to hell" --- so nobody would want anything but the best for Coach Galloway.

He has a chance to chase the ring with a healthy Marcus Lattimore; a stout team full of stars; and a rejuvenated Ol' Ball coach looking for "one more run".

Think a moment... Spurrier lost 1/3 of his assistants after an 11 and 2 season. Lonnie has the opprtunity to hitch his wagon to a star and you can't blame him for that (IF, "that" is what he wants). He could be part of another mass upward-exodus from USC after 2012-13.

Coach Grobe is no different than the rest of us and he will surely fight to keep him and would hate to see him go. Let's wait and hear SC's offer and then respond.

I hope you mean a SEC ring.

I hope you mean a SEC ring.

Yes...which, conversely, has tended to put the winning team into the National Championship mix. You win the SEC and there is a pretty good chance you are playing for something real significant in your bowl game.

Back