• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Football coach leaving?

For what it's worth, I couldn't find any discussion at all about Galloway on the SC board. I'll take that as a good sign.

If we lose Billings AND Galloway we're pretty much fucked in recruiting

Really could be rats leaving a sinking ship. It definitely happened when the one year basketball assistant a few years ago left after the athletic director started meddling in the basketball program. It looks like it started happening last week with Billings and Henry. Now if only somebody would meddle with Steed and get him to leave.

Yes...which, conversely, has tended to put the winning team into the National Championship mix. You win the SEC and there is a pretty good chance you are playing for something real significant in your bowl game.

Yes, obviously. I think they'll lose 2 out of LSU, ARK, and UGA but still go to Atlanta and have a shot to win it. Too tough a regular season schedule to rely on an injury-prone Marcus and unknown go-to receiver. D should be good though.

Really could be rats leaving a sinking ship. It definitely happened when the one year basketball assistant a few years ago left after the athletic director started meddling in the basketball program. It looks like it started happening last week with Billings and Henry. Now if only somebody would meddle with Steed and get him to leave.

Grobe: Steed, look we are an academic school that has a recruiting puddle not a recruiting pool but please design us an offense that can take us to a tie with third place in the ACC during the 2011 season. I know that is impossible but please try your best.

Steed: OK

Grobe: Steed, look we are an academic school that has a recruiting puddle not a recruiting pool but please design us an offense that can take us to a tie with third place in the ACC during the 2011 season. I know that is impossible but please try your best.

Steed: OK

So, in your mind, Steed did the impossible this year. Got it.

You're an idiot. That is all.

Could be. Tied for third at Wake Forest in this league? One kick away from the Championship Game again? Wet dream. Well, not wet dream but you know what I mean.

Could be. Tied for third at Wake Forest in this league? One kick away from the Championship Game again? Wet dream. Well, not wet dream but you know what I mean.

I think Lonnie had a lot to do with it too. Funny how our passing game improved drastically when he came.

After the bowl game, when asked what the biggest reason for the success/change between last year and this year was, Michael Campanaro said something to the extent of "Coach Galloway, no doubt."

Same fucktard who had a horizontal running attack versus a fast SEC team in a bowl game. Yeah, that's the guy I want to keep.

Same fucktard who had a horizontal running attack versus a fast SEC team in a bowl game. Yeah, that's the guy I want to keep.

You have a problem with run-off-tackle on 1st down and 2nd-and-long. Then a 60-yard incompletion downfield on 3rd-and-long and a punt on 4th?

keeper's right: that's the impossible.

I think we ran horizontal 3 or 4 times out of 70 or 80 plays.

For the record, it's not me who tags lectro's real name.

You have a problem with run-off-tackle on 1st down and 2nd-and-long. Then a 60-yard incompletion downfield on 3rd-and-long and a punt on 4th?

Lobo ought to be made to watch the NCG to study Alabama's game plan: shifts and motion to move the defense, throwing high percentage passes on first down and second down, taking the game to the defense and dictating play. Be easy to confuse the uninspired LSU _ffense with us. Grobe ought to be made to watch it too.

Of course like kReeper, two losing seasons in a row may be the clarion call for staying the course and doing business as usual. After all, we can't aspire do much better than keep it close.

Honestly, off tackle on first down, not so much. The sweeps vs the speed of MSU, yes.

I'd hate to see Coach Galloway leave, as I thought the passing game (and our offense as a whole) made great strides this year, but it would likely be a good career move if he did.

Yeah, I think this is one of those threads were pretty much everybody agrees on the basics, but just wants to argue.
1. Galloway was a good hire and had a positive impact on the passing game.
2. We want to keep Galloway on staff as long as we can.
3. SC would make a good move to try to get Galloway on their staff.
4. Galloway would make a good move going to SC if offered.
5. If #3 and #4 happened, that would suck.

Back