• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Football coach leaving?

Which players has Galloway recruited?

Out of the class about to sign:
Jared Crump
Jonathan Williams - Mays High School in ATL is a school we've never recruited before bringing in Galloway

He's also the lead for Jela Duncan and Sheldon Rankins who would be huge gets. He might be involved with Quinshad Davis but I'm not sure.

At WVU he was responsible for Tavon Austin among others. He was generally considered their best recruiter.

Last edited:
I know he has strong ties in Florida. He pullled guys like Noel Devine, Geno Smith and Stedman Bailey to WVU. For us this year he already landed Jared Crump and Johnathan Williams and is the reason we lead for Jela Duncan and Quinshad Davis. Make no mistake, WVU fans were upset to see him go for his recruiting prowess.

Didn't he want to be here to be closer to home?

So he could go to usc for more coin, coach in the SEC, have a bigger pool of potential recruits, and learn something from Spurrier or he can stay with WF and learn from Lobo. Tough call.

I know he has strong ties in Florida. He pullled guys like Noel Devine, Geno Smith and Stedman Bailey to WVU. For us this year he already landed Jared Crump and Johnathan Williams and is the reason we lead for Jela Duncan and Quinshad Davis. Make no mistake, WVU fans were upset to see him go for his recruiting prowess.

..Do we really lead for these two guys right now?

So he could go to usc for more coin, coach in the SEC, have a bigger pool of potential recruits, and learn something from Spurrier or he can stay with WF and learn from Lobo. Tough call.

His wife is from a huge NC textile family. Money isnt a problem for him.

Have not heard much since the hole offers, but big recruiting weekend tom.

Met him this past summer, he an his wife were on vacation. Hell of a nice guy, and obviously a great football mind. Would be killer to lose him.

Geez. . .jump to conclusions much? No where in that article does it say he is interested in USC. It says they are interested in him. This Board makes assumptions and then assumes that the assumptions are true more than my wife. Sheesh. . .

Geez. . .jump to conclusions much? No where in that article does it say he is interested in USC. It says they are interested in him. This Board makes assumptions and then assumes that the assumptions are true more than my wife. Sheesh. . .

As far as I can tell, the board has only discussed why the USC job might be attractive and how much it would suck if he left.

This would be a pretty boring place if we only discussed things that have already happened.

As far as I can tell, the board has only discussed why the USC job might be attractive.

This would be a pretty boring place if we only discussed things that have already happened.

You must be fucking kidding... You mean to tell me that you've been humping my fucking leg all these years for prognosticating where I believe players project and now you have this bit of audacity?

I didn't see Racer say, "Anybody who doesn't think Lonnie is long gone is a fuggin' idiot."

Big difference.

Seriously not trying to start something with this question b/c I hope Galloway stays, but what has his impact been on the passing game this year?
Biggest change I saw was Price not being a freshman (and not haivng to run for his life as much) and the continued personal maturation of Givens (which maybe Galloway was a major part of).

His wife is from a huge NC textile family. Money isnt a problem for him.

Glad he has that security. But that doesn't mean money's not a motivator. He probably wants to maximize his own earning potential, and there's nothing wrong with that. Hopefully he can do that here if he is in fact our best recruiter.

I didn't see Racer say, "Anybody who doesn't think Lonnie is long gone is a fuggin' idiot."

Big difference.

No, much like you he'd just cast aspersions about lack of abilities (of Wake players) and in-breeding among the coaching staff...

All of it on the up and up of course.

Back