• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Fucking Passenger Plane suffers an "accident"

Not too much speculation really needed here I don't think - it appears that militant groups in the Donetsk region have claimed responsibility.

I'm pretty sure that this plane was shot down by mistake. I'm also pretty sure no will own up to it, and both sides will blame each other.

The Russians have a nasty history of this shit. KAL007?

What interest would anyone have in shooting it down?

Using a weapons system without fully understanding how to operate it. If you mean it was a "mistake" as in the operator failed to identify the thing he was intentionally firing at, then yes- it was probably an accident. A case of mistaken identity. But as the saying goes, intent follows the bullet. Yes, the plane was intentionally shot down. Just not what they were expecting.

And the black boxes are utterly irrelevant. All of the radar and surveillance data conclusively shows it was a missile and most likely, based on the audio recordings released, fired by the Russian insurgency. Testing of soot and scoring on the exterior of the airframe should evidence exactly who is responsible.

Using a weapons system without fully understanding how to operate it. If you mean it was a "mistake" as in the operator failed to identify the thing he was intentionally firing at, then yes- it was probably an accident. A case of mistaken identity. But as the saying goes, intent follows the bullet. Yes, the plane was intentionally shot down. Just not what they were expecting.

And the black boxes are utterly irrelevant. All of the radar and surveillance data conclusively shows it was a missile and most likely, based on the audio recordings released, fired by the Russian insurgency. Testing of soot and scoring on the exterior of the airframe should evidence exactly who is responsible.

It's beginning to look a lot like the Russian rebels in Ukraine did it. Putin is gonna have to cut his loses with these irresponsible murderous elements. He needs a face saving way out. Will Obama, Ukraine and the EU give it to him?

It's beginning to look a lot like the Russian rebels in Ukraine did it. Putin is gonna have to cut his loses with these irresponsible murderous elements. He needs a face saving way out. Will Obama, Ukraine and the EU give it to him?

I have seen nothing from Putin in the several years that he has been running the show that would suggest he gives a fuck.

I have seen nothing from Putin in the several years that he has been running the show that would suggest he gives a fuck.

Exactly. He knows there is no political or public will for the US to put troops on the ground. Which is why European sanctions have always been the most realistic and obvious trump card to really test Putin.

As for the missile this is one of the real consequences of arming rebellions with heavy lethal systems.

As I posted in The Pit. Let's threaten to make Putin's looting of Russian public funds known worldwide. This is the last thing he needs to be available to everyday, poor Russians.

It is reported that Putin could be the richest head of state in the world. His net worth is reputed to be be north of $70B. Putin would have to close the internet down to keep it from getting out and causing him to become an out and out military dictator to keep power.

As I posted in The Pit. Let's threaten to make Putin's looting of Russian public funds known worldwide. This is the last thing he needs to be available to everyday, poor Russians.

It is reported that Putin could be the richest head of state in the world. His net worth is reputed to be be north of $70B. Putin would have to close the internet down to keep it from getting out and causing him to become an out and out military dictator to keep power.

You're crazy. That stuff is pretty much public knowledge anyways (and Russians are very avid internet users), and nobody gives a shit in Russia at the moment.

Back