• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Fucking Passenger Plane suffers an "accident"

No, I haven't, but this quote is horrible no matter the context.

It was heartbreaking -- I really looked forward to those last three days.

No, I haven't, but this quote is horrible no matter the context.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are probably entire sentences between "It was heartbreaking" and the rest of that quote.

Not according to politifact:

"Reagan wrote this in his diary that evening: "We were due to return to Wash. on Labor Day but realized we couldn’t wait so we left on Fri. It was heartbreaking. I had really looked forward to those last three days. When we got in Fri, I went directly to a NSC (National Security Council) meeting re the Soviet affair.""

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...agan-really-rush-back-dc-after-korean-plane-/

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are probably entire sentences between "It was heartbreaking" and the rest of that quote.

You could have just looked it up.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...agan-really-rush-back-dc-after-korean-plane-/

Reagan wrote this in his diary that evening: "We were due to return to Wash. on Labor Day but realized we couldn’t wait so we left on Fri. It was heartbreaking. I had really looked forward to those last three days. When we got in Fri, I went directly to a NSC (National Security Council) meeting re the Soviet affair."

To be fair, LK did say he was going out on a limb.

Not according to politifact:

"Reagan wrote this in his diary that evening: "We were due to return to Wash. on Labor Day but realized we couldn’t wait so we left on Fri. It was heartbreaking. I had really looked forward to those last three days. When we got in Fri, I went directly to a NSC (National Security Council) meeting re the Soviet affair.""

If that's the exact quote from his diary, I stand corrected.

It was a Russian fighter that shot down the Korean Air 007 as well.

Years later the pilot admitted that he suspected/knew that it was a passenger plane but never told his bosses on the ground "because they never asked."

Seems like a reasonable approach to take when dealing with matters of life and death.

eta: my wiki post was related to the US shooting down an Iranian plane.

Last edited:
Well I wasn't sure what to call the separatist that shot down this plane. I was going to say "not the first time a govt. had shot down a plane"

I guess my point is not to needlessly jab you in the ribs, but rather to point out that I've been alive for almost four decades and never accidentally shot down a jetliner. Logistically, shooting down a jetliner at 32,000 feet is a big muscle movement by definition. Russia is showing a complete and total lack of fear by being so brazen.

I guess my point is not to needlessly jab you in the ribs, but rather to point out that I've been alive for almost four decades and never accidentally shot down a jetliner. Logistically, shooting down a jetliner at 32,000 feet is a big muscle movement by definition. Russia is showing a complete and total lack of fear by being so brazen.

What does Russia have to fear?

52902282.jpg

What does Russia have to fear?

Back when our country leveraged its instruments of power, we used to have the ability to economically isolate international actors who acted against our interests.

Back