• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone still wear neck ties?

mebanedeac

Reaction score
If so, can you recommend an online source for purchasing quality ties at a reasonable price? By "reasonably priced" I mean under $50.

More specifically, has anyone ever ordered from The Tie Bar? thetiebar.com

They seem to have an amazing selection and all at $15. That seems way too good to be true; but they have been featured in GQ.

Wear ties about once per week. Haven't ordered from Tie Bar but have heard decent things. I'm a Brooks Brothers / JCrew guy for my ties, though I haven't bought one in a while since it's a pretty standard Christmas / birthday gift from the parents and in laws.

Wear ties about once per week. Haven't ordered from Tie Bar but have heard decent things. I'm a Brooks Brothers / JCrew guy for my ties, though I haven't bought one in a while since it's a pretty standard Christmas / birthday gift from the parents and in laws.

Do you purchase your dress shirts at Brooks Brothers also?

Yeah, unless you have a job that requires a tie everyday and you never see anyone, just get some nice ties and rotate. Sucks, but that is better than looking silly.

I really don't like Brooks Brothers ties. I actually quite like the Saks brand ties you can get at Off Fifth. They're priced at $50, but are usually on sale for $25-30. Really great quality for the price.

Do you purchase your dress shirts at Brooks Brothers also?

I do. I get the wrinkle free slim fit. I'm not slim but it prevents the poof and isn't too tight or anything. The ultra slim fit on the other hand isn't made for my body type (6'3" 225). You'll never regret the wrinkle free. Wash on delicate. Dry for a few minutes. Hang up to finish drying. Never spend money at cleaners again.

Last edited:
Off-Saks is a good place to get ties, as well as some of the outlets. All depends what you are looking for.

Yeah. I wear one every day. I've just keep an eye out when I go to Ross marshalls Nordstrom rack same off fifth, etc

I am a fan of CharlesTyrwhitt.com They usually have a three/four ties for $100 sale. I found the shirts to be much better than Brooks Brothers, which just seem to fall apart much faster than they used to.

Everyday, want to fight about it?

And I get my ties at Brooks Bros., unless I see a color/pattern at Belk that I really like.

More specifically, has anyone ever ordered from The Tie Bar? thetiebar.com

They seem to have an amazing selection and all at $15. That seems way too good to be true; but they have been featured in GQ.

i'm sure mine is not the opinion you're looking for, but fwiw, my wedding planner is having us get ties from the tie bar for the groomsmen/dhtoy. granted, it's obviously only meant to be worn for one day, and we haven't actually seen them yet so i can't attest to quality. but she speaks highly enough of them.

i'm sure mine is not the opinion you're looking for, but fwiw, my wedding planner is having us get ties from the tie bar for the groomsmen/dhtoy. granted, it's obviously only meant to be worn for one day, and we haven't actually seen them yet so i can't attest to quality. but she speaks highly enough of them.

Thanks.

I wear a tie Monday through Thursday. I just buy them where ever. I've got some from Bass, JCPenney, Land's End, Belk, and others. I don't like spending a lot on ties, like a max of $30 each. A lot have been given to me.

I am a fan of CharlesTyrwhitt.com They usually have a three/four ties for $100 sale. I found the shirts to be much better than Brooks Brothers, which just seem to fall apart much faster than they used to.

Do you need to have the sleeves shortened? I find that a strange concept. All of the catalogs that I have received show all the shirts on sale at good prices; but I would require having the sleeves shortened at something like $12 per shirt...just seems weird.

My Charles Tyrwhitt shirt has shrunk (the neck, really) significantly more than several other brand shirts I've had. Other than that it's a good shirt.

If you like Brooks Bros., be sure to hit up theri outlet store in Garland, N.C. (they have a shirt factory nearby); not too far out of the way for most people going to the Wilmington-Myrtle Beach area on vacation. For the most part these are actually factory seconds and not discontinued/overruns, so you can get some great deals on ties that for the most part you have a hard time finding the defect. I've only bought a few things in the shirt/sweater line from there and never had any problems, but whenever I go I see a lot of exec/politician/judge-types walking out with suits and telling the ladies at the counter "see you next time", so all of their stuff must be of o.k. quality.

Back