• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone still wear neck ties?

That is good to know. I have ordered several items and, apart from their $20 promotional shirts (what can you expect for $20), I have found their quality to be quite good. They have a remarkable range of shirt styles and sizes.

Their 20 dollar shirts are definitely decent for 20 bucks. The main thing is they fit me well.

I went back and forth between bespoke, CT, Pink, etc... for my shirts. I ended up just going with the trim fit Nordstrom line for now. I still want to try out CT, but so much of their shirts are Poplin and Poplin can diaf.

paying more than $20 / $25 for a tie is for suckers. if you wear them every day they are 100% going to get snagged / stained in short order and if you dropped $50 for it, then you immediately realize what a schmuck you are. I try and stay below $15 personally by checking out the clearance area at Macys or Belks periodically. Same ties that they normally sell for $30-$50, just one season old. WGAF. And I second the Costco / Kirkland shirts except as of a couple years ago they were not fitted so when you are shaped like an atlas V as I am you get some extra fabric at the waist line. As for no-iron, there is no such thing. I can spot a supposed "wrinkle free" shirt a mile away. Spend your money on a nice watch instead of on crap that wears out quickly.

Does anyone purchase from Paul Fredrick, shirts or ties? They have some really strange styles.

I have ordered many shirts from PF over the past 15 years, most of which of the non-solid variety. Good quality and lots of interesting texture varieties. Big fan...

Received my 1st order from The Tie Bar over the week-end. Pleasantly surprised by weight and quality. The colors are as advertised. If they hold up, this will be my place to purchase ties from now on.

Received my 1st order from The Tie Bar over the week-end. Pleasantly surprised by weight and quality. The colors are as advertised. If they hold up, this will be my place to purchase ties from now on.

How does Tie Bar work? Did you go in on it with anyone else?

Pardon me; but can you explain the question?

thetiebar.com is their web site. you select and order.

Ahh, I thought it was like a monthly service where you get a couple new ties every month, like a beer of the month club. I didn't realize it was simply an online store.

Ahh, I thought it was like a monthly service where you get a couple new ties every month, like a beer of the month club. I didn't realize it was simply an online store.

tumblr_lvyy6emulC1qzrv7uo1_500.jpg

I was in Costco today and noticed the $17.00 shirts. Would never have thought to buy one. I'll have to give them a try.

I am two weeks in on my first trial with a Costco shirt. So far it's no worse than any of my Brooks Bros shirts.

One thing I've noticed over the years is a difference in price when ordering from Charles Tyrwhitt's UK site vs. the USA site. It used to be that the exchange rate made it cheaper to order in pounds given how the prices were quoted.

Just ordered 8 ties from The Tie Bar site.

Blue/White Houndstooth
Navy/Gold Repp stripe
Glenn H. Plaid
Two Navy Pindots(white and apple dots)
Blue/White Herringbone
Solid Black wool

I'll let you guys know how they turn out. I doubt there will be any surprises, they are just ties, after all.

I received my first order from The Tie Bar a couple weeks ago. For the price they are excellent ties. Great colors.

Just ordered 8 ties from The Tie Bar site.

Blue/White Houndstooth
Navy/Gold Repp stripe
Glenn H. Plaid
Two Navy Pindots(white and apple dots)
Blue/White Herringbone
Solid Black wool

I'll let you guys know how they turn out. I doubt there will be any surprises, they are just ties, after all.

Have you received your order? If so, how do you like them?

Back