• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

App State Series Renewed

Good thing this is in 2017. I trust Clawson will have us moving in the right direction by then (most likely sooner).

It's ok to go to Monroe, Greenville and wherever Northern Illinois is but Boone isn't ok? Damn guys, it ain't like we're Ohio State. Get off you're damn high horses! We don't even fill up Groves. You sound like a bunch of elite snobs looking down your nosess at the hillbillies.

It's ok to go to Monroe, Greenville and wherever Northern Illinois is but Boone isn't ok? Damn guys, it ain't like we're Ohio State. Get off you're damn high horses! We don't even fill up Groves. You sound like a bunch of elite snobs looking down your nosess at the hillbillies.

hi welcome to wake forest the ice cream social is tonight at 8

Should be a 2 for 1, but otherwise I am ok with it.

#boobknightfan

Dekalb

This is probably just to lessen the blow when we announce a home-and-home with Charlotte.

Father in Law is an ECU grad. He always said was our doing.

I can't believe we're going up the mountain for the first game of the series. This is horrible.

Very sure the last scheduled game with ECU (in Winston?) was bought out by ECU, thus ending the series. We had ECU at a good time for us and they were tired of losing to us.

This is probably just to lessen the blow when we announce a home-and-home with Charlotte.

I mean, one could argue that would be a better deal.

Charlotte will soon be in a better conference than the Sun Belt

I think the trip to Boone will be fun but I echo the 2 for 1. Are we paying App any money? I certainly hope not.

Isn't Wellman hospitalized? Can we blame him or his stooges for this one?

I think there has to be another home date that hasn't been announced because it isn't open yet. This makes no sense.

Buddie was quoted in the paper regarding the deal. Is he in the running for the App AD job? Would be interesting if he pushed for this series and ends up as the App AD by the time is it played in 2017.

I would think by 2017 we would be a slight favorite under Corch Claws.

Tailgating is always a lot more fun when there are at least a few opposing team fans cruising around getting heckled (or throwing their own solid tailgate). I think it makes it a better college gameday atmosphere to have other somewhat local teams making the trek to see how things are done at Wake. Do I wish it was a 2 and 1? Of course. But would I rather see this over 2 for 1's with random teams like ULM and Utah State? Absolutely.

It wouldn't surprise me if at a later date Wake/App announced another game in the series, adding 1 more home date for Wake. I'm hoping we were just throwing App a bone here, trying to help them schedule FBS opponents in 1 for 1 series instead of all the 2 for 1's they've been having to do til now.

I'm totally down with renewing this series. And kudos to App for scheduling Power 5 teams- Clemson in 2015, Tennessee in 2016 and Georgia and Wake in 2017.

Back