• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Appalachian State

App fans have a major chip on their shoulder about Wake. Our mere existence drives them nuts.

App fans have a major chip on their shoulder about Wake. Our mere existence drives them nuts.

Here's the link to their message board; enter "Wake "Forest" in the search and at least I'm not seeing much other than hoping to get back on our schedule. But we've got 4 pages (and counting) on them so not sure who's driving who nuts here.

App state fans are the most annoying fan base in the state. They think they are elite because of a fluke win 15 years ago and that they have the best "fall vibes." They will be humbled by JMU.

and Boone is a mediocre college town full of rich kids from Charlotte who want to pretend to be outdoorsy. Like cool, you have a Nalgene bottle with a Yosef sticker on it and take golden hour pics at grandfather mountain once a year in october.
Sounds like you went to Georgia Southern

Ew, do not do this on our message board. Related: SkinsNDeacs never got over his pwning by DF2009
? Maybe the older app state fans are driven nuts by the mere existence of Wake Forest but nobody my age is. I think everybody recognizes the two are on two different levels in almost every aspect

Cut Appy a break..... You know how we feel like we're second fiddle to Duke and Carolina? Take that feeling times 2 for App and ECU.

Search again with "Wake" instead of Wake Forest. Just as you wouldn't search our boards for "Appalachian State". We are discussed a great deal and a big fixation was they thought we were "ducking" them when our game got cancelled with them and again when they hoped to be asked to be the replacement team for TAMU in the Gator Bowl.

But regardless, the sample I have to go on mostly are my APP friends - tons of my high school friends went there and they obsess over Wake. They have admitted they pull just as hard for Wake to lose as they do for App to win. They have told me over and over again that they believe Wake fans look down on them and they believe they have the better football program. And they think we play a weak schedule OOC while they play a hard one and that we chicken our way to a good record that way. Its just on and on with those guys. Glad to hear they arent all like that.

? Maybe the older app state fans are driven nuts by the mere existence of Wake Forest but nobody my age is. I think everybody recognizes the two are on two different levels in almost every aspect
True. App is at least a level below Wake in everything.

Yea thats all over their message boards about wanting to replace TAMU in the bowl game. Plus I heard it directly from my APP friends at the time. If I remember right it was even rumored for a few days.

guitardeac's sources are App fans. Explains a lot

Huh? I just said the APP guys I went to high school with cant stand Wake. WTh

Last edited:
Wake should play Appalachian every year in football. Preferably at the end of the year. I know they used to play a lot.

Back