• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

are we going to freak out every time Trump does what he promised?

Giuliani said that Trump asked him to figure out how they could come up with a ban without making it about religion and Rudy's group said simple, make it about safety. Have seen Rudy saying this twice on our "lamestream media"./ That is why Giuliani"s name is brought up.

I mean, I answered this a few posts up. You responded to my post and everything.

As long as y'all keep freaking out we'll keep bringing up Hillary and Obama, particularly if they're relevant to the freakout and reveal hypocrisy.

As long as y'all keep freaking out we'll keep bringing up Hillary and Obama, particularly if they're relevant to the freakout and reveal hypocrisy.

So as long as Trump keeps shoving nonsense like the Muslim ban down the throats of the American people. I'm glad we cleared that up.

That's a good article. Syria is a fucking mess, and our input has hurt more than helped. I believe that the Arab Spring dissidents could have been successful if the Syrian Military had forced Assad to step down. If Assads "democracy" were real, than he could have stepped down or gone gone peacefully into exile. A true Syrian democracy wouldn't need Assad. Unfortunately the Syrian uprising didn't go the way of the Egyptian uprising, and 6 years later the Syrian moderates are mostly dead, or in Europe now, and the remainder were forced under threat of death to join ISIL and Al Qeada. We can't put that genie back in the bottle, and neither can Putin.

This is a good article on the various political changes from Arab Spring, and how Syria was worst because of Assads unwillingness to step down.

https://www.google.com/amp/foreignpolicy.com/2013/05/03/how-syria-ruined-the-arab-spring/amp/

I would expect any American to exercise their first amendment right and speak out against things the gov't (or President) does that they don't agree with.

Am I wrongly assuming that you don't want them to do that? Speak out (or "freak out")?

This has nothing to do with party affiliation, left/right, liberal/conservative, btw.

I would expect any American to exercise their first amendment right and speak out against things the gov't (or President) does that they don't agree with.

Am I wrongly assuming that you don't want them to do that? Speak out (or "freak out")?

This has nothing to do with party affiliation, left/right, liberal/conservative, btw.

Sure, folks can continue to freak out over everything Trump does like it's the end of the world, and we can and will continue to mock their histrionics.

Sure, folks can continue to freak out over everything Trump does like it's the end of the world, and we can and will continue to mock their histrionics.
"we"
f22131ede7e6094c2d4cfe8ac6d41c1f.jpg

d170f0dfc3e4c3d381dc767604e2f05c.jpg

c1de763281b8f3fc7799f613a88f9169.gif

I really hated the past 15 years of republican fear mongering, it has us hating all muslims despite the fact that muslims have killed 10x as less Americans as toddlers the past 15 years.

But I'm really equally worried about the current liberal fear mongering as well.

One side eventually has to be the bigger man, and my money was on the liberals. I like Mark Cuban's take of I slammed him in the election, but now he's our president , and some of his ideas have some merit (they do). Let's wait and see and offer help.

I see none of that from the traditional media outlets or the #nevertrump crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Who gives a shit about some EO. Take a chill pill and see how it plays out before you get to page 20. I read Obama's first EO was to close down Gitmo. 8 years later it's still there.

you mean (collective) you're NOT going to freak out as trump walks all over the constitution, shits on 75% of americans, alientates other world leaders and embarrasses the office, and then also destabilizes the world order? some people are planning on just shrugging this shit off?

I love when people refer to the media as if it's a monolith.

This is an oft repeated sentiment straight from the horse's [Trump's] mouth. It trickles down to the 'real' media sources (Fox News, primarily), and then reverberates around the usual echo chambers (insular subreddits, Middle America haunts). And then alternative facts become reality.

Who gives a shit about some EO. Take a chill pill and see how it plays out before you get to page 20. I read Obama's first EO was to close down Gitmo. 8 years later it's still there.

Well a lot of this is because of the refusal of Congress to work with him to get it closed, but yeah---keep on about that.

This isn't a dictatorship, hopefully Congress will at leasts have some spine and do the same thing they did to Obama for 8 years.

yes, just like the repubs did every time Obama did something that he had promised when there was a Democratic majority his first two years and when Trump passes something into law we are going to gather with our weapons and march and yell like the Tea Party people did.

But it is not just the Tea Party who got Trump in office. It is middle class America, who was tired of OBummerCare, tired of their premiums going up 50% in 4 years since the law took affect, tired of Hillary denouncing coal and all the Rust Belt stood for, plus some of the Tea Party who wanted what T.E.A stood for--Taxed Enough Already! Then of course it was the 47% of the 'deplorables' that jut knew that Hillary was a CROOK and had been for her entire 30 years in the public eye and could not be trusted after Benghazi, Whitewater, Clinton Foundation, she & Bill were broke when he left the White House, Vince Foster, staying with Bill & defending him thru Monica Lewinsky and her just being Hillary!

http://www.investors.com/politics/e...k-out-every-time-trump-does-what-he-promised/

What's extreme isn't what Trump did, it's the entirely out-of-proportion reaction from his political opponents, the press, and many weak-kneed Republicans.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren decried Trump's order saying that "a Muslim ban by any other name is still a Muslim ban," and that it "is a betrayal of American values."

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer shed crocodile tears as he called Trump's actions "mean-spirited and un-American," adding that "it was implemented in a way that created chaos and confusion across the country."

The New York Times and other news outlets ran pieces suggesting — without a shred of evidence — that Trump had selected only countries in which his company didn't have business dealings.

This has, unfortunately, been the pattern since Trump took the oath of office. All the actions Trump has taken so far are ones he promised months ago to tackle immediately, yet they are all treated as shocking developments.

It is hard to see how Trumps' critics are helping their cause when they react to everything Trump does as if it were a world-ending catastrophe.

Yes, because I was assured by every Trump voter I knew that "he won't actually do what he's saying he'll do." That's why they voted for him.

But it is not just the Tea Party who got Trump in office. It is middle class America, who was tired of OBummerCare, tired of their premiums going up 50% in 4 years since the law took affect, tired of Hillary denouncing coal and all the Rust Belt stood for, plus some of the Tea Party who wanted what T.E.A stood for--Taxed Enough Already! Then of course it was the 47% of the 'deplorables' that jut knew that Hillary was a CROOK and had been for her entire 30 years in the public eye and could not be trusted after Benghazi, Whitewater, Clinton Foundation, she & Bill were broke when he left the White House, Vince Foster, staying with Bill & defending him thru Monica Lewinsky and her just being Hillary!

Clean coal*

Every time thereff posts it's easy to see why his friends make fun of him behind his back when he goes to get a soda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is an oft repeated sentiment straight from the horse's [Trump's] mouth. It trickles down to the 'real' media sources (Fox News, primarily), and then reverberates around the usual echo chambers (insular subreddits, Middle America haunts). And then alternative facts become reality.

Top rated Sean Hannity loves calling out "the media"

Back