• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you good at playing basketball?

???

• Total voters
and i'm an excellent passer. my game is pick-up bogut.

Wrangor was really damn good back in the day. Same with DCDeac.

I could play a little back then, but haven't done anything more than shoot hoops with my kids for the last 5 years. I'm old and fat and slow now.

Ha, thanks LK. Can vouch that LK had some game back in the day. I could have played for a dumpy D2 school but never considered it all that seriously. Wake intramurals and pickup games were so much freaking fun. We were actually up on Mob Deep at halftime but Ben Sankey showed up in the 2nd half and hit like 9 of 10 shots in the A-league finals. We also mercy-ruled Sig Ep one year who talked an unreal amount of shit before the game. I still play in a few leagues and can still dunk every now and then, just had my first kid so my goal is to not suck once he starts getting into sports. My dad was pretty athletic in college but by the time I was playing basketball and baseball he sucked at everything. I'd rather not be that guy.

Now I'm wondering if I played ball with Wrangor...

What's killing my game now is that I'm much better at golf, and as far as competition goes it's impossible to beat what golf offers as far as local, state, and national amateur events. Plus it's useful professionally. I'll be lucky to keep one league going in basketball now.

I'm not as good as I think I am, but I'm probably better than 95% of you people

Haha. At this point in my life I am quite certain I am nowhere near as good as I think I am.

Ha, thanks LK. Can vouch that LK had some game back in the day. I could have played for a dumpy D2 school but never considered it all that seriously. Wake intramurals and pickup games were so much freaking fun. We were actually up on Mob Deep at halftime but Ben Sankey showed up in the 2nd half and hit like 9 of 10 shots in the A-league finals. We also mercy-ruled Sig Ep one year who talked an unreal amount of shit before the game. I still play in a few leagues and can still dunk every now and then, just had my first kid so my goal is to not suck once he starts getting into sports. My dad was pretty athletic in college but by the time I was playing basketball and baseball he sucked at everything. I'd rather not be that guy.

Now I'm wondering if I played ball with Wrangor...

What's killing my game now is that I'm much better at golf, and as far as competition goes it's impossible to beat what golf offers as far as local, state, and national amateur events. Plus it's useful professionally. I'll be lucky to keep one league going in basketball now.

Sankey took me out in the A-League Finals my freshman year, both literally and figuratively. Game was close throughout...just before half he pump faked I went up to block and he drove his head right through my chin.

Looked kind of like
friday.gif

We kept it tight, but couldn't handle Sankey. He was a really good basketball player. If he had another 2 inches or so he could have played high major ball. He was just a little short to play the 3/4. Needed to be about 6'6" instead of of 6'3". Fun memories.

I was the tallest guy in school, so I dominated the Kindergarten League.

RJ was good. He wasn't as good as he thought he was, but he was really good.

He'd never shut up on the court then, either.

I was bad but that's because I was a 6'8" power forward trapped in a 5'9" body.

I have literally never played an organized game of basketball. So I wrote yes by way of the thread. Am I doing that right?

Sankey took me out in the A-League Finals my freshman year, both literally and figuratively. Game was close throughout...just before half he pump faked I went up to block and he drove his head right through my chin.

Looked kind of like
friday.gif

We kept it tight, but couldn't handle Sankey. He was a really good basketball player. If he had another 2 inches or so he could have played high major ball. He was just a little short to play the 3/4. Needed to be about 6'6" instead of of 6'3". Fun memories.

I reffed that game. Pretty sure I gave Sankey a tech and Mobb Deep collectively lost their shit at me.

Back