• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you good at playing basketball?

???

• Total voters
Can board and play some D but have no offensive game at all. Jamaal Levy 2.0.

I was a mangler on D and could jump but that was about it. Don't think I've played in like 5 years. So no.

I'm just a nasty baller. The doofui or CJ Harris can tell you.

Starting varsity center for 2 years at my high school.....at just a hair over 6 foot, in a high school with 400 students. So, not really.

Wrangor was really damn good back in the day. Same with DCDeac.

I could play a little back then, but haven't done anything more than shoot hoops with my kids for the last 5 years. I'm old and fat and slow now.

I was asked to be a walk on for the freshman team. Buit I turned down the opportunity. Probably a mistake, as I look back on it today. I would have played a lot more than I thought, since our freshman team blew many teams out big time.

I just started playing again for the first time in about 6-7 years. After college I played in a bunch of fairly high level public leagues in Atlanta for a while. A bunch of former D1 players / just retired pros. In college I would have probably evaluated myself as a low major guard. At only 6'1" and more combo than point I was simply too small to get any real interest outside of D2 and D3 schools. For some reason I never really gave playing at a lower level school much thought, and I never gave walking on at Wake much of a chance. My own stupidity really. I sat down with Odom as a freshman, and we discussed it, but I was too busy trying to live the college life. I didn't really realize what kind of opportunity was in front of me if I had really gone after it. I wasn't guaranteed a spot on the team or anything, but if I would have sold out to being a walk on as a freshman I think the odds would have been very good. Oh well...probably wouldn't have met my wife at Wake if I was spending all my time on the basketball court.

I now scrimmage against some of the local high school teams occasionally around here and would probably put my level at that of a public high school starter at this point in my life. I don't have the explosiveness that I once did, but I can still get to the paint and finish most of the time. Jumpshot comes and goes because I never spend any time shooting. I probably only have 5-10 years left of being able to play basketball and hang with the younger crowd, so I am starting to try and play more.

Out of curiosity, what was the point of this thread? It certainly piqued my interest as a basketball fan/addict.

Wrangor was really damn good back in the day. Same with DCDeac.

Yeah, Wrangor's freshman hall was stacked with players. If I remember correctly, they made it to the A league finals as freshmen before losing to Mob Deep (football player team)

For me, I'm was rec league decent - so no, not good and never have been. Good defense and mid-range game. Used to play a couple times a week and held my own, but I'm old and my knees are completely done, so aside from horse with my son, I haven't played in 3 years.

Oh well...probably wouldn't have met my wife at Wake if I was spending all my time on the basketball court.

Tim Duncan, Darius Songaila, and Tom Wise all met their wives at Wake. I would guess there were others too.

I didn't say a wife...I said 'my' wife :). Whenever I whine about not playing college basketball she 'subtly' reminds of this.

i could school the king dawrf douche from the city of decline. that's 4sure. when's the board's hoop it up tourney?

Betta hope its not full court ya bong-lunged wooktard.

2 year starter for 3A HS team. Also played 3 years for an AAU team that was comprised mostly of kids who were kicked off 5A teams for discipline or drug problems. We practiced down at the Police Academy and were coached by cops. We scared the bejesus out of most people before the first tip. AAU team beat 5A Catholic High's AAU team my senior year with 2 D1 players on there.

But ya I'm almost an old now tho.

Last edited:
Back