• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart and J.T. Terrell finally get a coach fired

So much rather have JTT and Ari than CMM and Tree! Staff drives away our best players and cannot replace them!

So much rather have JTT and Ari than CMM and Tree! Staff drives away our best players and cannot replace them!

i.e. as long as you can recruit a better player, it's ok to run them off. #culture

Sarcasm? Just repeating what I have read a 1000x on this board in one form or another!

If this is your culture, then I don't want a part in it.

Great values, mebane. Drive away and demonize kids who are 1/3 of your age, one of whom is actually not a bad guy and the other whom is probably more "halfway decent" than we give him credit for... Sour grapes are a bad look on you. Stick to the sweats.

And what Racer said.

If this is your culture, then I don't want a part in it.

Great values, mebane. Drive away and demonize kids who are 1/3 of your age, one of whom is actually not a bad guy and the other whom is probably more "halfway decent" than we give him credit for... Sour grapes are a bad look on you. Stick to the sweats.

And what Racer said.

read my previous post. Just repeating what I have been told.

It's just a matter of time until the same thing happens to Carson and Tony C. They didn't buy Bzzz's culture, and thus are bad apples. I hope they're on some sort of watch list, they're ticking time bombs of IRRESPONSIBILITY

It's just a matter of time until the same thing happens to Carson and Tony C. They didn't buy Bzzz's culture, and thus are bad apples. I hope they're on some sort of watch list, they're ticking time bombs of IRRESPONSIBILITY

So, you really believe the staff "ran off" these guys...any guys? You truly believe the staff squeezed these players into leaving? You really believe that?

So, you really believe the staff "ran off" these guys...any guys? You truly believe the staff squeezed these players into leaving? You really believe that?

I don't think you can read so good. Believe that.

But yeah, Bzzz has a long-established track record of running off players. Pre-dates Wake.

Ari saved us against Texas too. JT has always stunk though, his on court vs off court numbers his frosh year were almost impossibly bad.

Ari saved us against Texas too. JT has always stunk though, his on court vs off court numbers his frosh year were almost impossibly bad.

You're forgetting our culture-defining win against Iowa. JTT, FTMFW

Ari also had a big part in the upset at Gonzaga.

Definitely the high water mark of the Ari Stewart Era. Am I chagrined that I remember thinking during that game that I'd rather have Stewart than Elias Harris? Yes. Yes I am.

Yes, I do believe that transgressions that had been handled internally or quietly in the past by our AD were made public for quite a few players that Buzz wanted gone. I also believe Buzz likely just made it obvious certain players weren't wanted (see comments about CMM being our starting PG while standing in front of JTT) and likely made things hell on them in practice, etc. Hell, he revoked a player's scholarship at Colorado who wasn't in any sort of trouble and never gave any sort of reason for it. He just told him not to come back next year and that he wouldn't have a scholarship...straight up roster clearing. To believe that Buzz DIDN'T run off players would be to ignore the obvious.

Definitely the high water mark of the Ari Stewart Era. Am I chagrined that I remember thinking during that game that I'd rather have Stewart than Elias Harris? Yes. Yes I am.

I remember thinking "Wow this Stewart kid is going to be a stud!!!! Draining 3s on the road at Zaga as a frosh in December!"

Yes, I do believe that transgressions that had been handled internally or quietly in the past by our AD were made public for quite a few players that Buzz wanted gone. I also believe Buzz likely just made it obvious certain players weren't wanted (see comments about CMM being our starting PG while standing in front of Tony) and likely made things hell on them in practice, etc. Hell, he revoked a player's scholarship at Colorado who wasn't in any sort of trouble and never gave any sort of reason for it. He just told him not to come back next year and that he wouldn't have a scholarship...straight up roster clearing. To believe that Buzz DIDN'T run off players would be to ignore the obvious.

FIFY and QFT

Hell, he was in double figures in 10 of our first 11 games in Year 1 of [Redacted], and had 5 or more rebounds in 9 of those games. He wasn't shooting the ball well, particularly from three, and turned it over too much, but he wasn't a walking trainwreck at that point, either.

Back