• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart and J.T. Terrell finally get a coach fired

I liked both of these players at Wake (most of the time). I don't know what would have happened had they stayed but they didn't and the kids that got their scholarships have been good. Either way I am sorry they are not having a good season at USC. Good luck with the new coach guys.

I liked both of these players at Wake (most of the time). I don't know what would have happened had they stayed but they didn't and the kids that got their scholarships have been good. Either way I am sorry they are not having a good season at USC. Good luck with the new coach guys.

Thank you. Nothing else really needs to be said, IMO.

It's just a matter of time until the same thing happens to Carson and Tony C. They didn't buy Bzzz's culture, and thus are bad apples. I hope they're on some sort of watch list, they're ticking time bombs of IRRESPONSIBILITY

Black bag removed from an unknown man's head in the season 3 opener of Homeland. An incredulous Tony Chennault looks at Claire Danes and begins stammering about ballhandling and being a born leader.

Ari did well his freshman year, IIRC much like CJ hit the freshman wall pretty hard down the stretch of that season.

For whatever reason (didn't like bzz, didn't like his role, coaches on him about defense who knows) he literally stopped trying. My primary memories from the last year is him just standing around at the 3pt line.

Clearly he didn't want to be here by the end of his soph season, so he left. From what we've seen so far, he certainly has not made much of his new opportunity.

JTT, imo was trying to adopt to what Bzz wanted. Seemed to work and try and play more within the offense instead of just jacking up the ball every time he touched it. At least he seemed to make the effort, if that was not what he wanted to do/be then, like everyone else he's free to transfer.

Say what you want and point blame at either side, so far neither of these kids have done much with their second opportunity at Div I hoops.

Ari offensive ratings by year (100 is average):

Freshman: 95.7
Sophomore: 84.8
Junior: 70.5

Even his freshman on-off numbers weren't good IIRC. He hit a few big shots though.

The outrage will come across much more credibly if you can save it for transfers other than these two guys. Of all the reasons to attack JB I'm baffled as to why this gets any play at all.

Yep. I wish them well.

JTT, imo was trying to adopt to what Bzz wanted. Seemed to work and try and play more within the offense instead of just jacking up the ball every time he touched it. At least he seemed to make the effort, if that was not what he wanted to do/be then, like everyone else he's free to transfer.

That is my recollection too. I thought he was really trying to play within the system and show better shot selection near the end of the season. I think, given time, he would have developed into a solid player for us.

I don't think you can read so good. Believe that.

But yeah, Bzzz has a long-established track record of running off players. Pre-dates Wake.

I thought he had no track record, and that was the problem?! Even assuming you believe the "running off" wasn't self inflicted; doesn't Saban over-recruit? I've never heard anyone acuse him of running off players, even though it seems to be a designed practice.

I think it's unfortunate that Ari Stewart and JT Terrell have had trouble finding a good situation.

I, and many others, were mystified when they chose to play for O'Neil.

Back