• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart officially gone

So when you say bzz showed him the door, do you mean that Ari was definitely 100% wanting to come back next year and the coach told him he wasn't welcome?

We were probably the 7th or 8th next to last at large team in. I'd say that's solidly in. If we were the lowest seeded at large team in the tournament I would not say we were solidly in.

Won't disagree with that logic. My point being Wake should expect better than that, but truthfully, except for the 08/09 season, we haven't been over the last 5-6 years. That is a disturbing trend to me.

Not saying I blame Bzz, but people seemed to be curious over whether or not Bzz showed him the door or if Ari left on his own.

It's most likely both. Not everything is black and white.

Ari was unhappy. It showed in his approach towards the game. Bzz showed him the door (which was best for both of them imo).

So when you say bzz showed him the door, do you mean that Ari was definitely 100% wanting to come back next year and the coach told him he wasn't welcome?

No, both were to blame. Ari didn't particularly want to come back (never felt comfortable at Wake) and Bzz absolutely did not want Ari back. Ari didn't try that hard and [Redacted] never liked him.

Both are absolutely to blame, perhaps Ari moreso. I was just clearing up if this was a situation where Bzz wanted him back and Ari wanted to move on or something of that sort.

This was a mutual departure and neither particularly cared for the other.

No, both were to blame. Ari didn't particularly want to come back (never felt comfortable at Wake) and Bzz absolutely did not want Ari back. Ari didn't try that hard and [Redacted] never liked him.

Both are absolutely to blame, perhaps Ari moreso. I was just clearing up if this was a situation where Bzz wanted him back and Ari wanted to move on or something of that sort.

This was a mutual departure and neither particularly cared for the other.

that is much, much, much different than "Bzz ran him off"

I certainly could have changed "and was run off" to "[Redacted] wasn't going to allow Ari to come back"

ETA: You're right though. After rereading I was probably too harsh on Bz, I'm just beyond frustrated with this situation.

Last edited:
Think we're arguing semantics here. I'm sure Ari knew what was expected, continually failed to meet (what I'm sure were minimal) expectations, and was shown the door by [Redacted].

Think we're arguing semantics here. I'm sure Ari knew what was expected, continually failed to meet (what I'm sure were minimal) expectations, and was shown the door by [Redacted].

Ari pretty much failed to put forward the effort required both on and off the court to be a Wake Forest student-athlete.

That being said it was fairly well known that Jeff and Ari didn't agree on a lot of things. Jeff did not necessarily run Ari out, but I am not sure whether or not he greatly assisted Ari in staying either.

I voted for BBD. A 16 needs to rise up and beat a 1. Not even sure who BBD was up against, but it was time.

This, and I think BBD is a good poster :laugh:. It just seemed a good opportunity for the impossible to finally happen.

I don't see why people are insistent on blaming either one of them. Based on what we can infer, neither seems to be to blame. Ari wasn't very happy here in the first place and then lost one of the few strong connections he had (Dino), well that isn't his fault, and it isn't [Redacted]'s fault either.

I don't see why people are insistent on blaming either one of them. Based on what we can infer, neither seems to be to blame. Ari wasn't very happy here in the first place and then lost one of the few strong connections he had (Dino), well that isn't his fault, and it isn't [Redacted]'s fault either.

Ari did not show the adequate effort on the court or in the classroom either. He is certainly to be blamed for the second, and probably the first. "Not fitting in" is not an excuse.

Ari did not show the adequate effort on the court or in the classroom either. He is certainly to be blamed for the second, and probably the first. "Not fitting in" is not an excuse.

It absolutely is. Given the circumstances it is absolutely understandable that Ari was not motivated. He was already unhappy and then lost the person he probably relied on the most for guidance and support.

Agree to disagree I guess. Imo, if you're on the team, you have to get it done in the classroom. Otherwise, you don't deserve to be in the program.

Agree to disagree I guess. Imo, if you're on the team, you have to get it done in the classroom. Otherwise, you don't deserve to be in the program.

I don't think Ari wanted to be in the program. I suspect that this was a 100% mutual decision.

Back